Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Dido Obsession...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Rant:

I'm sorry, but I'm sick and tired of hearing people chaff on and on and on about how beautiful Dido's voice is.
As someone described Norah Jones' vocals to be tunefull breathing, I have to say the same for bloody Dido.
Argh! She drives me absolutely nuts! Everyone worships her voice and it drives me insane. I can sing better than her for fucks sake!!! She's so breathy and choir-girl-esque.
Argh It's so damn annoying!!!!!!!!!!!

SHE'S NOT THAT GOOD!!!!!

Rant Over...

Ilora x
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I like her voice.

I don't constantly harp on about it though.
    Her new song is lame...

Why must you sing about love, again? Why?
    Originally posted by ElysiumUnknown

Why must you sing about love, again? Why?

What's she supposed to sing about? Cheese sandwiches?

I think the song is beautiful, I've got no opinion about her voice.
    Yup - Dido is indeed CRAP
    The only reason she sells so many records is because every Hairdresser, wine bar and restaurant manager will buy a copy to bore their clientelle with! HHRRRMMMPPHH!

Don't worry..just like Sade and Julia Fordham she'll be gone soon!!
    Originally posted by byny
    Who?! :lol:
    Originally posted by Bri-namite
    What's she supposed to sing about? Cheese sandwiches?

There's so much more to life than bloody love and relationships.

Woo she has a boyfriend and she's happy - but no-one wants to hear about that in her every song. Singing about cheese may incite people to actually listen to her music rather than just wondering what the gentle humming noise is in the background.

Aww Sade has a lovely voice, but meh couldn't tell you one of her songs.
    Originally posted by ElysiumUnknown
    Singing about cheese may incite people to actually listen to her music rather than just wondering what the gentle humming noise is in the background.

you guys ALL complained about 'macdonalds macdonalds kentucky fried chicken...' :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

i like her voice, think its pretty
    Originally posted by paperBprincess
    you guys ALL complained about 'macdonalds macdonalds kentucky fried chicken...' :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

i like her voice, think its pretty

Now you see that fast food song is a crime against humanity. Whereas Dido, despite her having a listenable voice, just becomes tedious. Obviously everyone in the world would rather listen to Dido rather than the cheeky girls or that fast food song.
    Well I like Dido. Fine, you might not like her but there's no need to be so damn rude. I also like Norah Jones. :cool:
    I think shes got a good voice. Im not sure id want to listen to a whole album of it, but her voice is definitely good. It might not be your cup of tea, but thats not the point. Im sure you have got a better voice than her Ilora, of course (who could deny) and im sure youre prettier than her too, with far better dress sense and much nicer hands. Infact there is nothing you cant do, you are Queen Ilora.
    I think she has a nice voice, I also loved her last album.

Her new song is alright but its not as good as what its being made out to be. Either way, I shall be buying her new album when it comes out.
    The problem with Dido is her very limited vocal range and the fact that she only seems able to sing two notes. Having said that I haven't heard her new album yet...perhaps she has learned a new note this time?

Seriously she's hardly inspirational nor posessing a unique or amazing voice. And she will disappear soon....3

by the way - Griff Rhys Jones...isn't he looking damn fine at the moment!!
    Originally posted by rainbow brite
    Im sure you have got a better voice than her Ilora, of course (who could deny) and im sure youre prettier than her too, with far better dress sense and much nicer hands. Infact there is nothing you cant do, you are Queen Ilora.
    Finally, SOMEONE who agrees with me :rolleyes: ;):naughty:

Ilora x
    all hail *curtseys*
    Re: Dido Obsession...
    Originally posted by Ilora-Danon
    I'm sorry, but I'm sick and tired of hearing people chaff on and on and on about how beautiful Dido's voice is.

Ignore them, ignore her. Problem solved.
    Re: Re: Dido Obsession...
    Originally posted by DaisyChainThing
    Ignore them, ignore her. Problem solved.

that would be the simple solution of course.
    Re: Re: Re: Dido Obsession...
    Originally posted by Klever
    that would be the simple solution of course.
    ima have to agree, just cos you dont like it doesnt mean other people have to, you'd complain if someone started slagging off your fav band on here, you cant change peoples opinions just cos they dont suit yours

and by the way, even though i havent heard her new song, im definatley buying the new album, if its even half as good as the last one i'll be estactic
    Originally posted by byny

Not to mention Tanita Tikaram and Beverley Craven. Don`t worry byny I know who you mean. ;)
    I think shes overrated, but i can just about tolerate her voice. Wouldnt go out of my way to listen to her though.
    I do condemn you comparing Norah Jones to Dido with MY phrase. :p At least Dido can sing loud. I think she is overrated, but still very good.

No Angel was a good listen in my opinion. But hey, if you dont like her, no big deal. Im sure if she found out she wouldnt go and cry in a corner " OMG Ilora off thesite doesnt like me. I'll never sing again. Boo hoo :( "
    Well I'm sorry Ilora cos I know you'e always right and everything, but I like Dido. I went to see her live a couple of years ago and I think she's great. Yes her music isn't the sort of thing I'd put on and thing 'yesss it's Dido, she's the best' but I do like it. So nerr.

Would you like her more if people didn't go on about how good she is?
    Originally posted by lisa simpson's saxophone
    Would you like her more if people didn't go on about how good she is?
    No... I'd like her more if she suddenly lost her voice :p

Ilora x

Edited: *lost her voice... permanently*
    Anybody here know what a 'Dido' piercing is? :lol: It's a male genital piercing, you think it's named after her or the other way round?
    Originally posted by MoonRat
    It's a male genital piercing

That would be a Dydoe.

I can tolerate her music as long as it's in the background and not blaring out of the radio. Wouldn't turn it up, wouldn't turn it off.
    I like her style of singing. What did someone call it? "vocal breathing"?

I'm trying to sing like that, because I think it sounds better than where my singing voice is now. I respect her for being able to sing that smoothly, and I'd love to be able to do the same.

Mind you, I'd love to be able to sing like Creed - I can only sing falsetto, and you have no idea how demoralising that can get when all you listen to in nu-metal :(