Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

what the f*ck has happened to metallica??

2»

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by djjoules
    yeh but guns n' roses are so much better.
    they have individual character as well as a band. A few things are pretty good with metallica, a couple insane solos but slash is just slash.
    metallica now sound as if they actually feel sorry for themselves!

Guns 'n Roses have indiviudal character?

Slash - fat bloated noodler
    Axl - fat bloated whiney twat
    Izzy - who?
    the other guys - who the fuck are they?

and thats only talking about the original line-up (not counting that Tracii Guns dude who was also a big ****)

and Slash was good, but Kirk Hammett kicks his ass tbh

besidies, Guns 'n Roses managed just the one good album before they went up their own ass, Metallica had Ride The Lightening, Master Of Puppets and the Black Album before they just went off on one.
    Originally posted by Blackout
    Where are British Sea Power gonna be in 22 years?

Everywhere
    Originally posted by Simbelyne
    Metallica are shite, have always been shite, and will continue to be shite brainless metallers. Anyone with any sense on Sunday at Reading was in the Carling Tent with me going crazy to British Sea Power's brand of peculiar rock. They gave me KENDAL MINTCAKE!

each to their own, but why was that smirnoff ice tent still blurting out the bass all the way thru mettalica!!!
    I saw them at reading and they shitted on any other band that played at the festival. One thing i must say- they played the songs AMAZINGLY well. Guitaring was mint and vocals were top notch. Also while frantic is a bit pap St Anger fucking RULES live, especially when it drops at the beginning.

I was at the very front when they came out and only lasted Battery and Master of Puppets before I had to move back.... violent is not the word. Metallica seem to have a huge fanbase, there was an amazing number of people in 'tallica tops.

Anyway if you dont like em listen to summat else! :p
    Originally posted by bad seed
    I've only ever seen Motorhead in small places...couldn't imagine them in an arena :eek2:

they did a wembly gig last october. it was part of an european arena tour. thats the only time in recent history (as far as i know) that they've played in the UK. they do quite a few arena gigs in the states between getting stoned, wasted and making new albums
    Originally posted by Dreamer3k
    they did a wembly gig last october. it was part of an european arena tour. thats the only time in recent history (as far as i know) that they've played in the UK. they do quite a few arena gigs in the states between getting stoned, wasted and making new albums

They played in Belfast 2 years ago in this place called the Ulster Hall which holds 3,500 people at the very most i reckon. I wasn't there but apparently it was really good. That's the kind of venues I think metal bands should be playing instead of arenas.
    Originally posted by Blackout
    thats just not true dude, Metallica are one of the few thrash bands with a genuine intellectual gravitas. They also rock. Hard. And have brilliant songs

hence why they arent shit. Where are British Sea Power gonna be in 22 years?

Who are British Sea Power?