Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Master's Degree

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
Has anyone done a Masters or even an MBA or know someone that did?

Kinda thinking about doing my Masters... but think they are quite expensive course and MBA's even more so.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    I'm about to embark on an MECsi if that counts... a 4 year degree that takes you above BSc standard and teachers researchy stuff?

My mum just finished doing her masters, i think she spent one day a week in lectures then worked at home, plus doing her job. Not sure what the cost was because work paid for it, but she really enjoyed doing it. A chance to stretch her brain muscles again ;)

What's an MBA??
  • Options
    I'm going to Edinburgh University so I come out with an M.A - but that's not the same as a Masters, it's just a 'Scottish thing' according to a friend of mine. A bit confused about that.
  • Options
    pointless doing one on our course at lufbra, all the "4th and extra" year contains basically is modules you chose not to do in the 3rd year so youve dropped the ones you dont like and then have to do em if you want a msc

to be honest it depends on what you want to do, in the sciences they only really have an advantage if you are looking to do a research job
  • Options
    Originally posted by Nastroman
    to be honest it depends on what you want to do, in the sciences they only really have an advantage if you are looking to do a research job

Thas me :)

A small step along the road to being Dr F. Lights, Professor of small things that scurried around in ancient muds.
  • Options
    both my parents just finished their masters degrees not long ago. i dont know about there, but here they have lots of options in doing that. options in times, classes and money. if you really want to (which i would recomend, can never have too much edu. ) i'm sure theres a way.