Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Superman

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Oooh - The first superman movie is on today .. is it just me or is this the BEST supehero movie ever made?

Dare Devil, the Hulk, Spiderman - to me they're all pieces of junk compared to this movie made in 1978

Did you know the first two superman movies were made back to to back - they filmed them both - like one big movie and then split them into two - they were shooting like for 18 months or something - most movies these day are under 6 months shooting.

... anyone heard of the superman curse?

Lots of people connected with anything superman have had bad things happen to them - the first Superman (from TV version) killed himself at the height of his fame - and christoper Reeve - everyone knows about!! and the women that played Ms Lane went off the rails for a bit .. etc.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Re: Superman
    Originally posted by DiamondGeezer
    Lots of people connected with anything superman have had bad things happen to them - the first Superman (from TV version) killed himself at the height of his fame

Do you mean the guy who played Superman in "The New Adventures of Superman" (i think it was called), that they showed on BBC2 a lot and I think are repeating every week at 6.45pm at the minute?

Or is this just a Superman from an earlier TV series that I know not?
    No that superman TV series, was from like the 40's I think? All in Black and White.
    The curse of Superman goes way passed TV, it goes back to when two kids created him. It was seen by some big comic guy (don't know if it was Marvel or pre-Marvel) and he conned the kids into selling the rights to him for some tiny amount. Of course, Superman turned out to be a superhuge cult figure.

I once met a Superman, tis true! She (yes SHE) was one of the baby Supermen, when the shot the capsule into space from Kryton. Imagine that for a claim to fame "I was Superman".
    What do you guys thing of Smallville.

Lana is sooo cute ...

but ...
    Does anyone reckon that the guy that plays Lex Luter is by far the best actor on the show?