Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Thigh

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Hi i have noticed that my trousers have stopped fitting around my upper legs and thighs i would love to lose the fat there! BUT HOW?

Please help what excersises are best?
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    i dont think there is any way to pin point fat loss unfortunately:( but my doing aerobic exercise you burn fat from everywhere. thats exercise like running or swimming as Britjames said, which gets your heart rate up above normal for over 20 mins.

you could try squats or lunges which will tone up your thighs and may make the trousers fit better:D
    yeah thanks, how do you do squats everyone says it but i cannot do it!

and aerobic is difficult where i live kinda in the town BUT my parents would be funny about me going out, no equipment so i would like to do soething as near to home as possible!

:(
    Originally posted by *DEVIL*
    yeah thanks, how do you do squats everyone says it but i cannot do it!

and aerobic is difficult where i live kinda in the town BUT my parents would be funny about me going out, no equipment so i would like to do soething as near to home as possible!

:(

is there a swimming pool near you? you could try simple things like walking to the shops rather than driving etc., which all adds up:)

Lunges: Stand with your feet shoulder width apart.
    Take a big step forward (about a foot and a half, more if you're tall) and lower yourself until your other knee almost touches the ground. Push yourself up and repeat. You can hold dumbbells in your hands if you need extra resistance.

found this which is something about squats... hope it helps:)
    Originally posted by clara
    is there a swimming pool near you? you could try simple things like walking to the shops rather than driving etc., which all adds up:)

Lunges: Stand with your feet shoulder width apart.
    Take a big step forward (about a foot and a half, more if you're tall) and lower yourself until your other knee almost touches the ground. Push yourself up and repeat. You can hold dumbbells in your hands if you need extra resistance.

found this which is something about squats... hope it helps:)

swimming pool is about 7 miles away and even then you have to pay a yearly subscription of £150
    How about just going dancing?

I stopped going to the gym cos it was so boring and I'd get bored after 45 minutes.

but if I go out to a nightclub with decent music and a decent sized floor - I can be on the dance floor for a good 3 hours in a single night.
    can't you get to a gym because cross trainers are amazing at working on thighs.

if not then get an exercise video. also get down on all fours, put one leg out so its inline with ur back and the calf part of ur leg at a right angle and move it up and down.

i'm sure cycling and rollerblading are really good too
    I found the best bum-toning activity - walking up a hill in heels! On holiday our apartment was on a hill, so walked up behind it for the view in ridiculous shoes, but found it good for your bum.

Anything energetic that makes your legs work should be useful; rollerblading is a good idea. Dancing sounds fun as it would be more enjoyable than slaving away on a gym cycling machine, so you wouldn't notice you were toning up!I meant dancing classes though, not clubbing.
    run up and down the stairs!!
    Originally posted by kart
    Squats are power and mass building excercises, so unless you want legs like tree trunks, or rugby player legs, you don't wanna do it.:p

Yer, i was gonna say something about muscle replacing the fat.
    Originally posted by lil_kazzy
    Yer, i was gonna say something about muscle replacing the fat.

yeh but i thought that muscle was 3times more compact than fat?
    Originally posted by lipsy
    yeh but i thought that muscle was 3times more compact than fat?

I dunno, since i started cycling all the time, i've got hardly any fat on my legs, but they seem to be the same sorta size as they always were.. just muscular instead of fat.
    Ballet exercises :)

I jest you not, they're good for working your muscles.
    Originally posted by Carolina
    Ballet exercises :)

I jest you not, they're good for working your muscles.

they are ?;)
    Walking definitely, I speak as someone else who has recently noticed the same problem, this coincides with me in the last six months taking the bus to work as opposed to walking every day. :(