Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Help Me Ill Giv U Nethin

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Im gonna throw my computer out the window in a minute!!
for the past week i have been looking on the web to find out how old u have to be to go on holiday by yourself, i have been told by friends that u have to have sum1 18 with u but ive also been told that u have to have sum1 over 21, n ive been told that u can go once ur 16!
i have tried every search engine, every travel website even the governments!! i have emailed every person in the world i could think of n noone as emailed me back!!:( i have searched for everything u could think of!!! i know everything there is to know about travellin and age restrictions now!! i could tell you how old u have to be in zimbabwe to have gay sex but i cant bloody tell u how old u have to be to go on holiday by yourself!!!!
im losing it!!!

HELP ME PLEASE!!!!! does anyone know??
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Where are you going? Each airline has a restriction on the minimum age to fly by yourself. Accomodation in England is normally 16 but sometimes 18. Accomodation abroad is probably similar. I'm 18 and I've had no problems flying to and staying in Portugal alone.
    it would be two 16 year olds and a 17 year old and we wanna go to tenerife.
    i went to tenerfe when i was 17 without my parents but there was people in the group at 18 and i cant remember for definate if there had to be someone over 18 there. have you tried phoning a travel agent?
    no but i have emailed them althougth they havent emailed back. I was thinkin of goin into see them on the weekend but i need to know before that. im not a phone person i always end up nearly choking on my tongue or sumthing!! i once had a giggle fit...put me off for life!!:)
    There shouldn't be a problem flying there but some accomodation might require there to be someone aged 18 or over to take responsibily for you. If you are booking it at a travel agents you're just going to have to ask them.
    Any age.

I flew on the plane on my own when i was 8 when my mum couldn't make it back.

All you need i guess is somewhere to stay afterwards.
    It varies with each tour operator - your best bet is probably to look in the small print in the back of each holiday brochure. My sister (17 - two weeks away from being 18 when she flew home) and her best mate (18 - and 8 months) went on holiday to Benidorm with Airtours earlier this year - they said my sister was alright to go only because she was with an adult, her best mate.