Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

boycott them

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
after watching an episode of "pop idol" i realised the harshness of the indsutry, one person said "i want to be a singer, not a model".pete watterman said the usual "its all about image", does anyone know when true talent stopped counting, now u must be under 26,attractive and be able to mime and dance, this is not music, this is brainwashing our youth under the title of music, at some stage in the late 90's, i'm sure music bosses decided to appeal to children and thats where the money will come from, funny how it's all blown back in their faces, i ask all of u tenny bobbers whose lives are devoted to these machines to boycott singles and sit back and laugh at pete watterman and co wallowing in their own fecaes.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Re: boycott them
    Originally posted by turlough
    after watching an episode of "pop idol" i realised the harshness of the indsutry, one person said "i want to be a singer, not a model".pete watterman said the usual "its all about image", does anyone know when true talent stopped counting, now u must be under 26,attractive and be able to mime and dance, this is not music, this is brainwashing our youth under the title of music, at some stage in the late 90's, i'm sure music bosses decided to appeal to children and thats where the money will come from, funny how it's all blown back in their faces, i ask all of u tenny bobbers whose lives are devoted to these machines to boycott singles and sit back and laugh at pete watterman and co wallowing in their own fecaes.

exactly, drink and drugs are not the enemy its pop music that is brainwashing and destroying young lives...... Choose life kiddy winks :p
    that is the reason i do not watch these types of programmes as all it provides us with is yet more manufactured drivel

i loath boy and girl bands and muppets like gareth and will with a passion - will maybe more, gareth has had stammering problems so maybe i should let hm off but you get what i mean, it is all that *image orientated* music that gets to me

i prefer indie, rock and dance with the emphasis on proper bands with talent and proper instruments!

hope you get some more support in your battle against pop idol etc.
    I totally agree. All this made-on-TV drivel is undermining the efforts of far more deserving hard-working singers and bands.
    Apparently, a lot of the people in Fame Academy had signed record deals just before the series started.
    there is noway i'm boycotting pop idol -its fuckin hilarious!!! i'm in stitches everytime i watch it, sooooo many weirdos out there. but once the auditions are over it certainly won't be as good. and i'm not into garethgates, or will one bit, i just like watching the show.
    fame academys good too, but thats coz of alex and that guy who does the really funny dances on stage...cant remember his name
    name a time when image wasn't part of the music industry...
    The 19th century, before there was records.
    Originally posted by my_name
    name a time when image wasn't part of the music industry...

Any time you can think of. Some of the best musicians are ugly. Part of the reason why they get into music, innit?
    Originally posted by rachie004
    Its pop music... not real.. the term "pop" idol implies this

actutally pop stands for popular :p (and yes, this comment was in a fun manner, dont take offence ;))