Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

capable?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
Do you guys think that anyone is capable of doing A-levels. I know that the sciences and maths are really tough but in general would you say that anyone has the mentality to get decent grades (As and Bs to me) at A-level with the right amount of work.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Re: capable?
    Originally posted by lovin_ur_work
    Do you guys think that anyone is capable of doing A-levels. I know that the sciences and maths are really tough but in general would you say that anyone has the mentality to get decent grades (As and Bs to me) at A-level with the right amount of work.

Yes I do because I believe anyone can achieve if they really want to and work at it. I was forced to do biology at GCSE and I was predicted Ds when I started but I worked really hard and did extra work and all that and got a B in the end! Plus you hear all the time of other people doing similar things in exams so yeah I think anyone can do anything if they put their mind to it.
  • Options
    I think if your prepared to really work then it is possible to do pretty well, but it might mean alot more time than you could realistically be expected to give.
    eg. At the start of AS i was predicted to scrape a B in chemistry if i was lucky, but i pulled off a comfortable A in the whole Alevel.
    BUT my friend tried really hard and still only just passed the AS, and then dropped it. She just couldnt get it to stay in her head, and some things she just couldnt understand.

Why? Are you considering taking them?

Edit: I should add, I worked extra hard to get me that A, i didnt just fluke my exams! but that might have come into it...
  • Options
    Why? Are you considering taking them?

Yes I am considering taking A-levels.

The thing is I know that maths and the sciences are extremely difficult and you have to be very intelligents to get decent grades in them. Im talking about doing A-levels in Psychology, Graphic Design and Economics.

Are people capable of getting decent grades in subjects such as these