Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

racist!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Any person of any race can be racist- that goes without saying.

With regard to the BNP, those people wouldn't have a point even if they were just telling you the time of day.
    It's a nonsense to suggest that only whites can be racist.

Some blacks, Asians, etc. have racist views towards whites.
    Re: racist!
    Originally posted by girl with sharp teeth
    what does everyone here think of the supposedly prevailing view that white, english people are the only people that are racist?

how often (if ever) do the bnp have a point?
    It's held to be a prevailing view by those who are trying to peddle the PC handbook myth. It lets them 'reveal', every now and again, that black people can be racist too, which doesn't surprise anybody with a lick of sense.
    I went to a school which was 50% Asian and about 12% Jewish or something like that, anyway whites were a minority group in the school. Although race hardly ever cropped up as an issue but it did on one or two occasions over seven years as it would in any school. There was an Asian guy who had just joined the school from Kenya in the Lower Sixth and we all went on this Outward Bound course to Scotland during which time he said "the problem with England is that there's too many white people." which pissed a lot of people off and nearly caused a fight - that was the worst racist incident at our school. Also my friend who's Asian says all this anti-Muslim, anti-black stuff which I know if I dared say anything a fraction as bad, I would be in serious trouble.
    I've seen a lot of anti-asian racism from black people!

Black people who are racist are usually openly racist and are never pulled up about it. Just look at Chris Rock.
    Originally posted by BumbleBee
    I've seen a lot of anti-asian racism from black people!

Black people who are racist are usually openly racist and are never pulled up about it. Just look at Chris Rock.

Chris Rock isn't racist. What are you talking about? Being a Black comedian who makes jokes about white people does not make him a racist. :rolleyes:
    Every race is equally racist, or equally tolerant...We hear more of white racism because this country is 90+% white.
    Originally posted by squat_tom
    Chris Rock isn't racist. What are you talking about? Being a Black comedian who makes jokes about white people does not make him a racist. :rolleyes:

Thast what pisses me off about people criticising people like Bernard Manning too. If hes racist hes also sexist, mother-in-law-ist, fattist, thinnest, gingerist, gothist, Blairist...

A jokes a joke, and manning, and people like Chris Rock, take the piss out of everyone. Its just people only hear what they want to hear...
    Ok here goes but I bet I get pounced upon.

I think this whole racism thing has gone totally over the top. You cant say this because it will annoy someone and you cant say that. Nursery rhymes like Baa Baa Black sheep even get taken offence at. Goliwoggs are now hardly available because of black people taking offence.
    Well why? things like these have been with us for decades and here I am a white English person being told that I may be offending someone singing Baa Baa Black sheep, to me its stupidity.
    I think now that because we live in a culture which accomodates so many races they make things up as they go along "like oh you cant say that, think of the black community", to me things are just been taken too far.
    Ive also talked with a couple of Asian people who have both told me that the Asian people are one of the most racist people about and thats come from one of them. Its the same as if in the street someone shouts "oy you black whatever" its classed as racist, but why? they are black and someone could call me a white whatever but I wouldnt take it as racist. Also if someone happened to have a fight say at a bar and one was black and one was white chances are it would most probably classed as racist related, well the thing is people fight over anything in a bar, it could be because they happened to look at someone the wrong way.
    I also think the police have it pretty bad because if a group of youths are walking down the street and they happen to be black and get stopped how many times have you heard its because they felt it was racist........wtf racist because a group look up to no good in whatever way, surely its the polices duty to stop anyone whatever race/colour/religion when the group looks as though they are up to no good.

Yeah sorry but the whole racist thing has now gone too far.
    i think you'll find that the golliwog and sheep thing are the doing of well meaning but stoopid white people becky.
    That's all the fault of the hand-wringing liberals.
    That's all the fault of the hand-wringing liberals.

Too Right.
    Originally posted by morrocan roll
    i think you'll find that the golliwog and sheep thing are the doing of well meaning but stoopid white people becky.

Yeah tis true, but why? because someone may think we are being racial?

Stoopid :yes:

Its like people joke on about people who come from wales, they take the piss out of them. We take the piss out of Germans with the towels on the sun loungers at the pool side but soon as anyone mentions colour/race then you are racial.....wtf not racial just taking the piss like you would in the circumstances I said earlier.

So it would be OK for white comedian to make jokes about black people?
    I've mentioned Chris Rock before, I find him offensive and he isn't funny at all, some people think he's the new Eddie Murphy, but he isn't close.
    Every race has racists, just like both genders have sexists. To deny this would be wrong.
    Originally posted by dantheman
    I totally agree. I also walk aorund where I live and Asian Women Centres open and Black Women Centres......Why cant it just be for one? Why seregate? Im damn sure a White Womans Centre wouldnt be opened.

In relation to the question, in every different race, you have racist people, its life, its a fact and it will never be rid of. It seems to be in many peoples instinct. From the beginning of humans we were never meant to mix, as different races are from different parts of the world. I think most, not all people have been racist in their life at some point.
    Originally posted by dantheman
    I've mentioned Chris Rock before, I find him offensive and he isn't funny at all, some people think he's the new Eddie Murphy, but he isn't close.

Chris Rock doesn't make jokes about white people. He makes jokes about the state of black society/culture in the US, and how black and white people interract with one another.
    Originally posted by VinylVicky
    I totally agree. I also walk aorund where I live and Asian Women Centres open and Black Women Centres......Why cant it just be for one? Why seregate? Im damn sure a White Womans Centre wouldnt be opened.

Because we live in a white majority. White people are privilged by this. Black and Asian people have their own cultural issues that we, as white people, are unaware of. I agree that full integration would be ideal, but until their is no racism in society, its not going to happen.
    From the beginning of humans we were never meant to mix, as different races are from different parts of the world.

What a load of crap. "never meant to mix"? Meant? What the fuck are you on about? I suppose we were never meant to build ships and aeroplanes either. :rolleyes:

Very confused thinking there.
    I think most, not all people have been racist in their life at some point.

Yes, we all have our prejudices, but recognising and trying to overcome them is part of growing up in a civilised and mature manner.
    Blagsta
    Ive been to many countries, where the majority is not white and have never seen a white womens association.
    when I meant we were never meant to mix, I meant we were miles apart and werent capable of crossing water back then, and didnt have the capabilites of doing such. Its a theory I have as my step dad, who is half cast, has always felt this, my step bro who is half cast has never felt he knew how to be, now everyone dont go all mad at me but most mixed race people have far more personality problems, well the ones I have met anyway. They have admitted it to.
    Why did you feel the need to tell me who to deal with being prejudice?
    I sense a bit of anger or hostility into your reply, is that the way to deal with prejudice, are you in the middle of growing up and using a civilised and mature manner?
    Originally posted by BeckyBoo
    Nursery rhymes like Baa Baa Black sheep even get taken offence at. Goliwoggs are now hardly available because of black people taking offence.

Golliwogs were stereotyping and insulting to black people. Same as The Black & White Minstrel Show. I don't think anyone really gets offended by Baa Baa Black Sheep though, I htink that was a myth peddled by the likes of The Sun and the Daily Mail back in the 80's in their campaign of smears against 'loony' left councils.
    Originally posted by BeckyBoo
    I also think the police have it pretty bad because if a group of youths are walking down the street and they happen to be black and get stopped how many times have you heard its because they felt it was racist........wtf racist because a group look up to no good in whatever way, surely its the polices duty to stop anyone whatever race/colour/religion when the group looks as though they are up to no good.

You have to look at the history. The police did abuse the sus laws back in the 70's and 80's, they did pick on black people unfairly. This led to the Brixton, Handsworth, St Pauls etc uprisings. Read some history and look at a copy of the Scarman Report. Things are getting better, but its still not great. Black people are still more likely to be stopped if driving a nice car than white people. This leads to resentment.
    Blagsta
    Ive been to many countries, where the majority is not white and have never seen a white womens association.
    when I meant we were never meant to mix, I meant we were miles apart and werent capable of crossing water back then, and didnt have the capabilites of doing such. Its a theory I have as my step dad, who is half cast, has always felt this, my step bro who is half cast has never felt he knew how to be, now everyone dont go all mad at me but most mixed race people have far more personality problems, well the ones I have met anyway. They have admitted it to.
    Why did you feel the need to tell me who to deal with being prejudice?
    I sense a bit of anger or hostility into your reply, is that the way to deal with prejudice, are you in the middle of growing up and using a civilised and mature manner?

In the middle of growing up? LMFAO! I'd bet I'm probably old enough to be your dad.
    I'm not being hostile, I'm just fed up with stupid views such as yours. You are so blinkered, so naive, your views are young and immature.
    Mixed race people have personality problems? Well I wouldn't like to comment on the veracity of that, but if true, I would lay a fair bet its to do with societies attitudes to race (on all sides).

Your view about "never meant to mix" is just laughable. It shows very illogical and confused thinking about the world. "meant"? By whom? :confused: Its just an excuse for racist views IMO.
    Originally posted by Blagsta
    In the middle of growing up? LMFAO! I'd bet I'm probably old enough to be your dad.
    I'm not being hostile, I'm just fed up with stupid views such as yours. You are so blinkered, so naive, your views are young and immature.
    Mixed race people have personality problems? Well I wouldn't like to comment on the veracity of that, but if true, I would lay a fair bet its to do with societies attitudes to race (on all sides).

Your view about "never meant to mix" is just laughable. It shows very illogical and confused thinking about the world. "meant"? By whom? :confused: Its just an excuse for racist views IMO.

Its not age that always shows how mature people are. Call me all the names you want. Where I live and the poeple I know, my theories and beliefs stand true. Laugh all you want but until you can come up with anything that will change my mind, you wont change my views. If you feel your fed yp with immature views and naivity why are you on this site? Where young people are the majority?
    Its not age that always shows how mature people are. Call me all the names you want. Where I live and the poeple I know, my theories and beliefs stand true. Laugh all you want but until you can come up with anything that will change my mind, you wont change my views.

Well where I live (Brixton) and having lived in many mixed areas, your views would be seen as racist, immature and offensive.
    If you feel your fed yp with immature views and naivity why are you on this site? Where young people are the majority?

I haven't actually posted on here for ages. I used to be a contributor to the drugs board, only on here at the moment passing time as my other net hang out has been down for a bit.
    But I do feel that someone has to counteract some of the igorant crap on here that people like you come out with.
    Vicky, why do you think races shouldnt or werent meant to mix? Who said so? Nature? God?

IMO, the fact that we have mixed shows that it was meant to be.
    All things naturally tend towards chaos. The mixture of races in this country is natural and should be encouraged.
    And furthermore, the gene pool, culture, health and general good looks of the population is enhanced by mixture.
    Originally posted by Blagsta
    Well where I live (Brixton) and having lived in many mixed areas, your views would be seen as racist, immature and offensive.

I haven't actually posted on here for ages. I used to be a contributor to the drugs board, only on here at the moment passing time as my other net hang out has been down for a bit.
    But I do feel that someone has to counteract some of the igorant crap on here that people like you come out with.

I am far from racist, im truthful and I say my opinions, my last boyfriend who I lived with for over 2 years isnt white, which makes me think your assuming things as you cant just realise people have different opinions to you. My intentions are never to offend, im sorry if you get offended easily. I dont think im immature, there are many things in my life that cannot call me for being immature, im far from it.
    Ignorance is far from it, my opinions have not been formed on their own, they are a mixture of lots of other people and they have been formed over the time of meeting many different people. I fail to see how you can assume so much about me without even knowing me. Accusing someone of being racist could be very offensive to some people, its a good job im tolerant, as I could have been quite upset by that.
    Accusing someone of being racist could be very offensive to some people, its a good job im tolerant, as I could have been quite upset by that.

If you're so tolerant, why does seeing separate facilities for use by people of another race offend you so much?
    Originally posted by Balddog
    Vicky, why do you think races shouldnt or werent meant to mix? Who said so? Nature? God?

IMO, the fact that we have mixed shows that it was meant to be.
    Ah no, you all got me wrong, I dont think we were meant to be in the first place! Its just a theory I have.....and theres lots of reasons why I thought it.
    If you're so tolerant, why does seeing separate facilities for use by people of another race offend you so much?

The only reason it offends me is I know there would be uproar if there was a white womens society.