Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Sex/Nudity scenes...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
When your watching a film at home with the family, and a sex or nudity scene comes up, do you feel uncomfortable?

Do you ever flick the channel or put it on teletext, or do you just sit there in silence and hope it end's as quick as possible?

To be honest, I feel very uncomfortable if a sex or nudity scene come's up. I try not to watch films that contain any sex/nudity at home.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    I don't have this problem. I hide in my room away from my family. :p

But yah, I'd try to run away.
  • Options
    Re: Sex/Nudity scenes...
    Originally posted by crescendo
    When your watching a film at home with the family, and a sex or nudity scene comes up, do you feel uncomfortable?

Do you ever flick the channel or put it on teletext, or do you just sit there in silence and hope it end's as quick as possible?

To be honest, I feel very uncomfortable if a sex or nudity scene come's up. I try not to watch films that contain any sex/nudity at home.

ii know exactly what you mean, i get really nervous and embarrassed, and look away from the TV or something
  • Options
    sometimes i get embarrased in front of my family but the majority of the time everyone just tends to have a giggle about it.
  • Options
    I'm weird like that... me and my mum quite happily sit and watch stuff like "sex and the city" and "sex tips for girls" and the occasional bondage type programme.. we have a giggle and we talk about it.. sometimes we sit as a family and watch them... me, mam and dad... when there's nothing better on, we usually flick to skyone and there's some kind of sex programme on...
    The only time I feel uncomfortable is when watching films with passionate kissing scenes ... I'm strange lol....

Ilora x
  • Options
    There's no problem when I'm watching something like that with my sister because she's young and "with it", but when it's my mum she'll just mutter about the state of today's TV and walk off even though she'll quite happily watch things with sex in them when I'm not around! If a sex scene comes on when my dad and I are watching TV it's not too bad because he's usually reading the paper at the same time so he'll just bury his head in that for a while...
  • Options
    my mum gets real nervous that i might be following suit and sometimes tells me to cover my eyes, shes been saying it since i was 7:rolleyes:

i feel so young

i dont have a problem with it and my dads a huge sex and the city fan so we wsatch that sometimes, usually im on a different sofa though so i cant tell how my rents are reacting