Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

heeeeeelp!#!1

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
right, this is in the wrong forum, blow me.

i need help quickly.

i got my results back the other day, they were bloody awful.. my god, i fucked up my last year so bad. but that's my fault. i ended up with a BCD, so Nottingham Uni decided they's reject me (trashy bastards).

anyway!
i've now gotten an offer from Nottingham Trent
i said i;d accept it, because i really wanted to study in nottingham

but then kingston uni rang me today, offering me a place to study there.

i don't know where to go now. :(
kingston is ranked higher for the course i want to take, and is ranked 5th in the country for graduate employment

but i really wanted to study in nottingham. i suppose thats because ive visited.. i dont really know much about kingston, or what it's like. maybe if i'd have visited i'd have wanted to go there.. who knows.

so if anyone knows anything about kingston and/or nottingham trent, pleeease tell me. where do you think i should go?

sorry if this makes no sense/therre's lots of spelling errors, i'm in the middle of getting ready to go out on the piss, which is obviously way more important.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    yeah i second Jamie, you've got go where you feel you'll be happiest, and you've got a gut feeling about Nottingham. I'd go with that :)
    nottingham is a great place with a fantastic student population/nightlife etc we visit it frequently from lufbra when you say kingston which do you mean, kingston upon hull or somewhere else ?
    aye there isnt much to say about hull, there is a good cinema, and a bridge, and well thats about it, much more to do in notts
    HULL?! whaa? i don't wanna go to flippin hull!!!

i mean kingston upon thames... in London.
    Ooooh, London.

In my humble opinion, I would opt for Kingston. London offers a lot, and it helps that the course is more likely to get you somewhere.

You've never visited Nottingham anyway. You could hate it.
    only downside to london is the cost of living is much higher, but if you reckon you can manage it go for it
    my frind from uni comes from kingston. its posh and so prob expensive. a huge new club has just opened up there which sounds cool but apart from that i cant see what else its good for. ok so its close to london but as a student could you really afford to go there on nights out? i'd say nottingham, its probably more student friendly.
    Originally posted by Neil
    You've never visited Nottingham anyway. You could hate it.
    Originally posted by Lexxie*
    but i really wanted to study in nottingham. i suppose thats because ive visited..

Pssssh. :p

Go to Nottingham, it's nearer to me and I can visit yooooou and go to Starbucks and we can get drunk and stamp on flowers and things. >:D
    Probably be more fun at nottingham tbh, since you seem to like the idea. Also, if you get a degree then it's the mark that counts more than where it is from. An employer doesn't know "ooo kingston that uni is nth in the world".
    Originally posted by DaisyChainThing
    Pssssh. :p

Go to Nottingham, it's nearer to me and I can visit yooooou and go to Starbucks and we can get drunk and stamp on flowers and things. >:D
    I misread Lexie's post. I am a bad person :rolleyes:.
    Originally posted by Neil
    I misread Lexie's post. I am a bad person :rolleyes:.

Yes, because I was oh-so mean to you about it. :rolleyes:
    Originally posted by DaisyChainThing
    Yes, because I was oh-so mean to you about it. :rolleyes:
    I'm glad you realise this, admittance is the first big step :).