Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

CV's

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Ok what things do I need to include in my CV? Help!

I know things like qualifications and places of studty but what else?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Name address first...then education with the latest qualification at the top. Followed by any work experience or previous jobs with most current first then working back chronologically.

Then perhaps a little bit about your interests, clubs you belong to etc.

should be no more than 2 pages long.
    Originally posted by byny
    Name address first...then education with the latest qualification at the top. Followed by any work experience or previous jobs with most current first then working back chronologically.

Then perhaps a little bit about your interests, clubs you belong to etc.

should be no more than 2 pages long.

Disagree with the 2 pages thing - it totally depends on how well laid out your CV is.

It's better to have a nicey laid out 3 page Cv then a crammed 2 page one. The ideal is for your Cv to be easy on the eye and easy for the person reading it to get to the information they need to know - rather then to hunt for it in a mess of words.

When I was at uni we went on work experience and we had to do our CV - mine was 4 pages in length but really well laid out and simple for theperson reading it to get straight to what they need to know. My tutor said you'd never get an interview with a CV that long - but she was totally wrong - i got loads including one with McDonald's Midlands headoffice - I was one of 10 people picked for an interview from over 9,000 CV's sent to them.

Couldn't wait to tell my tutor that when I got back.
    Possibly you are right, but as a person gets older there are some things you can leave out of a CV. No employee wants to trawl through the Saturday jobs you had while at school - they want to know about the experience you have that is relevant to the job you are applying for. Which brings up another point...

sure you regularly keep your CV up to date and change it to fit the job you are applying for.