Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Iraq blowing up the UN, Al Queda, PLO, etc ...... F*ck 'em!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
What with all this shit going on in the Middle East and as our main interest in this dusty, smelly armpit of the world is only the oil, why don't Western governments make a concerted effort to find an alternative fuel so we can leave these bastards to rot in their pathetic religious beliefs so the rest of the world can continue evolving without having to rely on them? Whew! That was a long sentence ... try that without breathing! :p But I'm sure you get my drift anyway ... ?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Because the auto and oil industries have spent untold sums to ensure our leaders are firmly in their back pocket. Until an end is made to corporate influence over policy making, invading countries to control ever more sources of the black stuff will continue.
    Originally posted by Clandestine
    Because the auto and oil industries have spent untold sums to ensure our leaders are firmly in their back pocket. Until an end is made to corporate influence over policy making, invading countries to control ever more sources of the black stuff will continue.

Bastards!
    In short, yes!
    Re: Iraq blowing up the UN, Al Queda, PLO, etc ...... F*ck 'em!
    Originally posted by Teagan
    What with all this shit going on in the Middle East and as our main interest in this dusty, smelly armpit of the world is only the oil, why don't Western governments make a concerted effort to find an alternative fuel so we can leave these bastards to rot in their pathetic religious beliefs so the rest of the world can continue evolving without having to rely on them? Whew! That was a long sentence ... try that without breathing! :p But I'm sure you get my drift anyway ... ?
    it's us who have caused the problems. iraq was an interesting and dynamic country
    until the bush family started taring the place to bits.
    the city of baghdad ...full of art galleries, night clubs, antique shops, leisure complexes, museums, late night bars, taxis, traffic jams to rival london ...very nice suburban areas, universities and scholls ...a very modern liberal and thriving city.
    the bush family have flouted international law and any sense of moral responsibility and reduced the place to a living hell. no water, no sewage treatment, no electricity, no medicines etc etc etbloody cettera! looters are the new success.
    it's like a dream come true for islamic extremists from all over the world ...the great satan is in town with a lot of soft targets ...there was no terrorism or terrorists in iraq until the bush family moved in.
    the bush family are thre nieghbours from hell ...(the great satan).
    Re: Iraq blowing up the UN, Al Queda, PLO, etc ...... F*ck 'em!
    Originally posted by Teagan

All very sanctimonious and pretentious, but you forget the most important parts from your history lessons. WE caused it. ALL of it.

We gave Palestine to Israel in 1947 as a guilt-trip after WWII, completely ignoring the wishes of the Arabs there at the time (though as the British were occupiers, its no surprise there). We put the Taleban into Afghanistan because we were "saving" the Afghans from those nasty Russian communists. We supported Iraq until Hussein decided that he didnt want to bend over backwards for us- and dont forget that Hussein didnt really go off on a power-trip utnil after the Iran-Iraq war; before then he gave the Iraqis schools, water, electricty etc.

Though yes, we should leave it alone and allow the area to regain its natural eqilibrium. Though obviously our Zionist friends wont like that, and nor will Mr Cheneys friends at Halliburton and nor will Dubyas friends at Exxon-Mobil.
    Re: Re: Iraq blowing up the UN, Al Queda, PLO, etc ...... F*ck 'em!
    Originally posted by Kermit
    We put the Taleban into Afghanistan because we were "saving" the Afghans from those nasty Russian communists.
    THOSE PESKY RUSKIES IF YOU REMEMBER TOLD AMERICA TO PULL OUT THE CIA oops caps ...and other agencies that were destabalizing afghanistan with the sole intent of taking charge of the place to build the oil pipeline ...yes the same oli pipeline they are now going to finaly build. in the days of the cold war america were realy pushing their luck messing on russias borders ...they couldn't just move in like now, so set about destabalizing the place ...the russians invaded the place to stop the yanks operating on their doorstep. so the yankns poured millions into osama and his ...'freedom fighters' ...
    Yeah ... you're all right. I just hate terrorism - even the Bush style. I get too emotional you see .... :mad:
    Islam is centuries behind the West in terms of cultural development. Prior to (say) the Renaissance Western societies were virtually identical to what exists in teh Middle East today.
    Funny then who Islam taught the West a few lessons on culture, society and even the treatment of women a few centuries ago.
    And?

See, LadyLade never sees this. If it wrong for me to attack others, why can I be attacked???? :lol::lol:

Like you saying I only use monosyllabes isn't an attack with no basis other than to antagonise..... :lol::lol::lol:
    :confused:

Who was that directed to?

:confused:
    Originally posted by Aladdin
    Funny then who Islam taught the West a few lessons on culture, society and even the treatment of women a few centuries ago.

I don't understand what you are trying to say. :confused: It doesnt seem to make sense .... ?
    Basically he's pointing out that during hundreds of years of European history, Arab culture was considerably more advanced and brought many advances (scientifically, medically, culturally, etc.) to the West, which for so long was darkened by the ignorance bred from ecclesiastical domination by the Roman Catholic church.

He's right, and in some sense (once again loathe to admit it) mono is correct. Western society in many areas has advanced well beyond that of its Arab counterparts. In many areas though, what we take for advancement has become nothing more than devolution as we have relinquished much in the way of human effort and endeavour to almost utter dependency on technology.

One may disagree with other cultures, as many do, but to say that one is superior or inferior to the other is to make sweeping and false generalisations.

There is much intellectualism and much ignorance on both sides of the cultural divide.
  • JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    Huh? What is it I am supposed be seeing?
    Well monocrat was saying Islam is well behind Western culture. I'm saying it isn't. As a matter of fact Islam taught the West a lesson or two about the treatment of women and respect for other cultures and faiths when the two came into contact for the first time.
    Nothing LJ, i think mono is having a resurgence of his persecution complex.
    Well monocrat was saying Islam is well behind Western culture. I'm saying it isn't. As a matter of fact Islam taught the West a lesson or two about the treatment of women and respect for other cultures and faiths when the two came into contact for the first time.

I agree that it isn't "behind" - but it is different.
    As a matter of fact Islam taught the West a lesson or two about the treatment of women and respect for other cultures and faiths when the two came into contact for the first time.

Fact as you see it perhaps ...
    When the brave Christian Crusaders went east in the 12th and 13th Centuries with the intention of massacring any infidel they could find they discovered an Islamic civilisation that was tolerant of other faiths and costumes (in fact together in harmony) and treated women with much more respect than the Catholic Church did.

I'm not saying that the Christian Western culture hasn't evolved since, and in some aspects is today more advanced (for want of a better word) than the Islamic culture. But Islam does still get an awful lot of bad press, when historically they have been much more tolerant and respectful to others than the brave charitable Christians.
    More unsustantiates nonsense...:rolleyes:
    I suggest you go and read a book if you don't believe me. It's amazing what you can learn!
    Indeed mono, youre in desperate need of some serious history studies if you think its all nonsense. Its quite well substantiated whether you choose to believe it or not.

A little something to get you started...

http://www.nopasaran.antifa.net/counter-1.html

and while youre at it...

http://www.theglobalist.com/DBWeb/StoryId.aspx?StoryId=2786