Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Can 15 yr olds do care work?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
That's basically the question. I looked in the work ads for Leicester and there's LOADS of care ads for nursing homes, or home visitors (but i don't have a car...) who don't need any experience and it's part time in the evening. I know I have a friend who started working at a nursing home when he was 15 and is now 16, but he lives in Denmark lol so it might be different... :confused:

Does anyone know about it because I think they are quite desperate for work (there were loads of ads from the same company lol)

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Re: Re: Can 15 yr olds do care work?
    Originally posted by BritJames
    Maybe a printing or a submission error.. that happens alot.

Give them a ring and ask - say you're willing to come to an agreement over pay, etc considering your age - and see if you can get casual work - it gives you the experience until you are 16 - by then you can be of legal age, and have experience - making you a prime candidate :)

ooh yay :D
  • JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    Care to tell us how it went Shyboy?
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by JsT
    Care to tell us how it went Shyboy?

well i have decided not to ask till im 16 heh. not long now and ive got a lot of coursework atm which is bogging me down :(