Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Do i.....

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Go for a modern apprenticeship ive been offered, or go along to uni? baring in mind i may not have another chance at this apprentice, but my freinds are all going to uni this year!
Just looking on your views...anything counts cos im going insane:eek: :crazyeyes :mad:

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Think whats will be happening in five years time with each of the routes you could choose. What would you like to happen in the future? The Modern Apprenticeship gives you a chance to earn money whilst going to uni gets you in to debt but the uni lifestyle might appeal to you.
    They can both lead into really good things...but the pros and cons are so different and one doesnt sound better than the other! im sooooooo confused:crazyeyes
    Is this Apprenticeship something that interests you?

The thing to remember is that, after Uni companies like to see you have used what you've been taught at uni, or can show that you've worked in that environment. Either one you go for can benefit you, but uni can be put off for a year or so....

Tough decision - don't let what your friends are doing influence your choice.
    But...i went to a diff college to my freinds and really regretted it so i dont want to make the same mistake again. I suppose im scared of missing out...the modern apprenticeship does sound v.interesting but i dont fancy starting at the bottom, but i guess thats where everyone starts off. Uni's getting more votes from me, but simply because of more spare time and because the money situation for uni is changing next year...anymore help peeps?:(
    it totally depends on what job you want to do: you might need a degree to do it and you'll almost certainly be better paid with a degree; in the short term an apprenticeship is cool, for example in beauty therapy, hairdressing, mechanics etc where theres a definate job at the end of it and you won't be in debt. But for stuff like teaching, computing, business, medical etc you need a degree. And there is the bonus of student life, living away from your home town, you can always get a part time job so your less in debt. Just think about the vague area of employment your going for and take it from there.