Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

CAT or KAT????

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Is it CAT or KAT???

Has Anyone else tried cat?? It goes for about R300 per / g (ie +- 24 pounds)

Really cool stuff, similar to coke, and Ketamine but also totally different!!!!

:confused:

Can anyone help???

Comments

• Options
    Its Kat, well I'm preaty sure it is.

As for its effects isnt it just a bit like ethadrine? Isnt it also really quite addictive?
    Its legal in the UK to my knowlege but as you have to eat it fresh there really isnt much of a market for it here. Its quite big in Somalia isnt it?

Although you could be talking about cathione, I think which is a low end speed powder, not sure of the name and I'm preaty sure that they arent chemicaly related, although they are both speed based drugs.
    Cat is quite big in the US because it is piss easy to make, however proper meth heads dont like it because it doesnt give anywhere near the rush that meth does.
  • Options
    I think that it is cat that i am talking about, it is a powder, and is sornted!

It costs the same as coke!!

Thanks for your reply|!!!;)
  • Options
    I thought the coke I got in Cape Town was preaty good, dirt cheap too, we got 1.25g for 300 Rand, which at the time was about £30, although its about 15 to the pound now isnt it?

As for Cat, it is supposed to be quite addictive, have a look on erwoid.org theres more info on there about it.
  • Options
    Originally posted by bongbudda
    I thought the coke I got in Cape Town was preaty good, dirt cheap too, we got 1.25g for 300 Rand, which at the time was about £30, although its about 15 to the pound now isnt it?

As for Cat, it is supposed to be quite addictive, have a look on erwoid.org theres more info on there about it.

Thanks for the site, coke and all other drugs are more expensive down in CT, But i am in Johannesburg, we pay R300 per gram for cat and about R250 per gram for coke!!!

from what i have heard is that cat is fairly addictive, but not as much as coke, and it is not the drug that is addictive , it is the action of snorting that is addictive.:crazyeyes

Yeah the exchange rate is about R15 to the Pound!!!
  • Options
    I love CT when I was there, the place has such a cool hippy vibe to it with lots of out doors parties (which its too cold for here really).
    The green was stupidly cheap, at about 40 rand for a bankie, but its also quite crap quality.
    Acid was cheap too and much more about than in London, in fact it was really only pills that were as expencive as at home at about 80-100 rand a piece.
  • Options
    to bongabuddy!!!

The green in this country is excellent, if you know where to buy, it is pure and strong!! - CT green no good, ----Malawi, Durban (dp)Posion and Hydra are the best!!!!

and like i said CT is expensive, if you come to SA again u must come to JHB, the parties are better and the drugs are really good, Pills are About R40 from dealers and R80 in Clubs, and in the clubs you might get ripped off, always better to get straight form a dealer!!!!
  • Options
    It wasnt a complaint about the weed, its just obviously as tourists we could only really buy on the street as it were.

We did go to JHB too, and went clubbing but I cant remember its name, it was on a sunday night, nexus maybe, I might be wrong its been a few years.
  • Options
    It wasnt a complaint about the weed, its just obviously as tourists we could only really buy on the street as it were.

We did go to JHB too, and went clubbing but I cant remember its name, it was on a sunday night, nexus maybe, I might be wrong its been a few years.

Ahh Girl, Nexus id my second home, i love that place, but what is even better is SPLASH, held in summer at a water park, killer music and excellent crowd, and you party all day in the baking sun!!!!!!!

Splash is hosted by ESP - Nexus's sister club - and is is brilliant, next time you come to sa, try come in summer and go to a splash, trust me!!!!!!

Check out www.ESP.co.za and www.surge.co.za,
    Surge is sa's top dj!!!!!
  • Options
    who is this logged in as me ??? ^^^^
  • Options
    Originally posted by CRAZYREDEYES
    who is this logged in as me ??? ^^^^

It was me, i don't know what happened, i went to reply to bongabuddy and when i submitted the reply it came up with your name, ?????:confused:

It is the second time today????

Sorry, Hopefully it won't happen again???

But if it does, i am SlinkyGirl1!!!!

SORRY!!!:(
  • Options
    Originally posted by slinkyGirl1

SORRY!!!:(

No problemo !
    :)
  • Options
    I did like clubbing in JHB but you hear quite a lot of horror stories about the place and its hard not to let it effect you at least a little.

I did think the club was really good though, we got quite trashed and at the end when we were waiting for our cab a bloke came out and asked us what we thought of the night, him being an employee. We said it was preaty good and he mentioned that he had been keeping an eye on us because we looked a bit fucked, to which I replied;
    "its ok, we're from London, we do this all the time" which he excepted as a reasonable answer.
  • Options
    My Questions have been answered, it is CHAT (pernounced cat)
    it was a plant, they used to collect the sap and dry it out, but now a days it is all synthetic and it is only really avaliable in South Africa
    Thanks to everyone for their help
    :D
  • Options
    Originally posted by slinkyGirl1
    My Questions have been answered, it is CHAT (pernounced cat)
    it was a plant, they used to collect the sap and dry it out, but now a days it is all synthetic and it is only really avaliable in South Africa
    Thanks to everyone for their help
    :D

Yeah I looked into this too

Found it to be called KHAT a plant that you chew the roots off and its supposed to be similar to amphetamines, apperntly you can find it in the uk in asian and somalian markets. You have to chew it fresh and according to a hippy guy I met its supposed to be quite fun :D
  • Options
    There was an article in the Independant about it a few days ago, saying that it might well be the next big drug, I'm really not so sure, everything I've heard about it has said its ok but really not that big a deal.
    That and you have to eat it fresh which does kind of mean that you cant use it as a club drug.
    It is supposed to be quite addictive though.
  • Options
    There was an article in the Independant about it a few days ago, saying that it might well be the next big drug, I'm really not so sure, everything I've heard about it has said its ok but really not that big a deal.
    That and you have to eat it fresh which does kind of mean that you cant use it as a club drug.
    It is supposed to be quite addictive though.
  • Options
    The plant is aparently protected in south africa, and now they make it in Labs, it comes in a powder and is shnaffeed and is has very similar affects as coke, and you also feel like you could carry on taking for ever!!!

But you do use a lot less than coke, we only use about a gram between 3 of us for about 12 hours, a line an hour!!!!
  • Options
    http://www.thesite.org/info/drugs/the_drugs/khat_(qatkatquat).html

Law and safety info here.
  • Options
    Bump, I thought this thread would put a bit of light on the recent one.
  • Options
    Bump, I thought this thread would put a bit of light on the recent one.

i agree!!!

:p