Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

i need a new job

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
well basically its all in the subject! i need a new job, i hate mine and i dont get on with the people and i really want to work there anymore.

at the moment i work at somerfields and i get £5 an hour, now i know not many places will pay much more than that (im 17) but i hate it there. so people, can you all please give some sensible suggestions for jobs i can do and places i could apply to :)

thank u :) xx

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    What do you want to do? That's a good start. What job would you not mind getting up in the morning for?
    Waterstone's bookshop?

You don't want a job where you're folding clothes or stacking shelves all day!

How about Toys R us, or perhaps the the thought of all those kids...EEEWW.
    i really dont mind where i work, i didnt think of toys r us....that would be such a cool place to work! or b&q hmmm.....thats quite a good idea, id much rather work in a huge place and we have those both near me...cool thanx!

more suggestions tho please....i need evening work rather than weekends :)
    How about as a waitress in any hotels that are near you?

Or you could just stick your present job out for a while until you're 18 and then go and work in a cinema, big music shop or behind a bar.

I was in a similar situation a couple of months ago but I had enough money saved up to just quit my crappy job and be able to wait until i'm 18 and get a job I like.
    im only just 17 so not 18 until may next year so i dont really want to stick it out but thank you for the suggestion :)

thanx to byny ive just applied online to toys r us so fingers crossed that they are looking for staff :D
    You could try Worktrain and search for stuff in your area on there :)
    thank you :)
    hehe its not anymore :p
    If it's just evening work that you're looking for, think of all the big stores that stay open late: MFI, Halfords (althought they prefer some technical knowledge in applicants), Homebase, etc.
    Originally posted by Cheezie Grin
    If it's just evening work that you're looking for, think of all the big stores that stay open late: MFI, Halfords (althought they prefer some technical knowledge in applicants), Homebase, etc.

we have a retail park near us with all those shops and some more so i think i shall go over and see if they have any vacencies
    Originally posted by blonde__batman
    we have a retail park near us with all those shops and some more so i think i shall go over and see if they have any vacencies

Convenience stores are always crying out for evening staff, they stay open till 10 or 11. I'm warning you now, working on the till in one is extremely stressful and can be v annoying and sometimes traumatic.
    Originally posted by HunnyPot
    I'm warning you now, working on the till in one is extremely stressful and can be v annoying and sometimes traumatic.

yeah i know :( i work on tills at the mo