Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

City Of God

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Has anyone seen that film?

I saw it last night and thought it was really well done and good film. It's based (so it says) on a true story.

It's set in Brazil and you have to read the Subtitles. But the file was really good I didn't mind.

What you guys that have seen it think?

Its got a lot of guns and shooting in it!
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    The film thats about some photographer or summat?

No i aint seen it :p
    Originally posted by LacyMay
    The film thats about some photographer or summat?

No i aint seen it :p

*Thanks for your pity post*:p :)

Yeah, the main story is about this boy's life growing up in this sh*thole city. It's him speaking through the film in English. But the other people talk in subtitles.
    Originally posted by Harmless
    *Thanks for your pity post*:p :)

Yeah, the main story is about this boy's life growing up in this sh*thole city. It's him speaking through the film in English. But the other people talk in subtitles.

Couldnt you have just seen a normal film? :p

Your welcome :)
    I've heard a lot of good things about it, but I've not yet been to see it.
    I really want to see this film. I kept meaning to see it at the cinema, but they kept taking it off and putting it back on. But it's out to rent now and I think it's back at the cinema next week (and my friend works in the bar, so may get me discount yay).

Looks and sounds brilliant and has had not one single bad review.

Unlike most of the other complete shite at the cinema right now.
    Yeah, it's a good film. Makes you really understand just what a fucked-up place Brazil really is. I'm beginning to notice that French and Spanish films are a lot more interesting to watch than the usual American crap. Films like American Pie are funny I suppose, but they don't tell much of a story and aren't presented in quite so much of an interesting way. In a typical American film, a fat kid would be in the film just to be laughed at. In a European film, we would be given an insight into his personality, not just his unfavourable physique. Sadly, American films make more money, so they dominate the film industry.
    I saw this last night.

How amazing?

Brilliant film - wonderful cinematography, dialogue and captured the raw reality of life.

I was almost in tears for many parts, but laughing at others.

I command everyone to go see this film or rent it!
    Originally posted by will haycock
    Yeah, it's a good film. Makes you really understand just what a fucked-up place Brazil really is. I'm beginning to notice that French and Spanish films are a lot more interesting to watch than the usual American crap. Films like American Pie are funny I suppose, but they don't tell much of a story and aren't presented in quite so much of an interesting way. In a typical American film, a fat kid would be in the film just to be laughed at. In a European film, we would be given an insight into his personality, not just his unfavourable physique. Sadly, American films make more money, so they dominate the film industry.

Latin America has a pretty good film scene going on at the minute, particularly in Mexico with the likes of Y Tu Mama Tambien and Amores Perros, they were really excellent films. When I was in Canada last year I saw an Argentinian suspense thriller called Nine Queens which was absolutely amazing, much better than any recent Hollywood thrillers.