Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Taking advantage?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Do you think it's right for a guy to sleep with a girl when she's drunk?

I don't really mean a guy who's been with someone for years or whatever, I mean if he's met her on the town that night, or if they hardly know each other, and she makes a drunken pass at him.

I think it's sick, wrong, and taking advantage more than anything, but I know people who disagree with me,

Discuss.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    If she makes the pass at him, he can hardly be blamed I feel
    Originally posted by KinkyRed

Very true. In fact, we could say it's the guy who's being taken advantage of! Though he could simply reject her because she's drunk, which is what I would do.
    Originally posted by KinkyRed
    I really don't understand why any guy would do it though. I know what you're saying, but I'd never do that to any girl. It just doesn't seem right, and I can't really see how it could be seen as anything other thank taking advantage, to be honest.
    Would it be taking advantage if a sober girl laid a drunk man?

It depends on how drunk she is, to be honest. If shes tiddly then I dont see a problem with it, but if shes too drunk to stand up straight or even know where she is then obviously its taking advantage. If her inhibitions are down because of drink, but shes still sober enough to understand what she is doing, then why not have a dabble? Its those who sleep with near-comatose girls who I feel disgusted by.
    I agree with KinkyRed - if she makes a pass at him, he can't be blamed for it. But it's difficult to know where to draw the line. She could be the sort of girl who'd never ever sleep with someone like that when she's sober, and who'd really regret it in the morning, or she could be someone who's had loads of one night stands and enjoys it and won't be upset by it when she wakes up in the morning. I guess if the guy hasn't met her before, he won't know how drunk she is and whether her behaviour is out of character or not.

But if she doesn't make the first move, and only goes along with his advances because she's too out of it to say no, then I think that's pretty obviously taking advantage of her.

And Kermit, yes, I think it would still be taking advantage if the roles were reversed, in the same scenario as above.
    If the girl was really drunk (not able to stand up etc) then i think it would be wrong to take advantage but if a good looking girl whos obviously been drinking came onto me i dont think i would turn her down. thats just me though..
    Any guy who would sleep with a girl who was so drunk she couldn't stand up is obviously a complete loser.

One of my male friends slept with a wee 18yr old girl who had just moved to uni from Glasgow. We were in the taxi on the way home and she was practically puking out the window. I kept telling him to take her home and he said he would let her sleep it off then take her home. Of course she was still there in the morning. He got her up and told her she'd have to leave cos he had to go to uni, walked her to the underground and went back to his bed.

We fell out for a long time after that cos I really thought that was totally taking advantage. She kept on saying to him that she'd only sleep with him if it wasn't a one night thing. Of course it was and he knew that but she was so drunk she believed him.

On the other hand, I have one female friend who has quite recently started getting drunk and sleeping with random guys but she doesn't have any regrets about it the next day. i suppose cos she's a bit older, can handle her drink better and is making a concious decision to have a one night stand so she's not being taken advantage of at all.

Sorry, this post ended up being a bit long! But basically, i think that it depends on the situation. :)
    Originally posted by pinkstar
    One of my male friends slept with a wee 18yr old girl who had just moved to uni from Glasgow. We were in the taxi on the way home and she was practically puking out the window. I kept telling him to take her home and he said he would let her sleep it off then take her home. Of course she was still there in the morning. He got her up and told her she'd have to leave cos he had to go to uni, walked her to the underground and went back to his bed.

Im amazed you managed ot forgive him for that, I know I wouldnt have managed to. Thats the sort of knobhead I was meaning would be taking advantage, and the sort of knobhjead who needs a smack for it :mad: :mad:
    Well we've never really been as close since it happened. I just lost all respect for him after he did it and he's moved away from Glasgow now so I don't see much of him.
    I agree with bri-namite. At every party I have been to there always seems to be one eejit who picks the most wasted girl. I've been on the receiving end, though I was more suicidal than I was drunk, but I was pretty drunk. This guy was 12 years older than me and it was my first time, but he didn't appear to feel in the slightest bit guilty the next morning. Its men like him that give decent men a bad name. I just hope no one does to his daughter what he did to me when she gets to the age I am now.:mad: :(
    Obviously you have to judge how pissed she is, most of the time I am out I am not just drinking so I have a pretty clear head to make the judgement. People that are that pissed just annoy me and I wouldnt want her to come back anyways, I like them to remember me in the morning :lol:
    if they are totally wasted then i wouldnt do anything. if they were bit to very tipsy i would but id make sure they knew what they wanted to do.
    Re: Taking advantage?
    Originally posted by Bri-namite
    Do you think it's right for a guy to sleep with a girl when she's drunk?

I don't really mean a guy who's been with someone for years or whatever, I mean if he's met her on the town that night, or if they hardly know each other, and she makes a drunken pass at him.

I think it's sick, wrong, and taking advantage more than anything, but I know people who disagree with me,

Discuss.

Its a bit like rape isn't it?

It happens alot in Spanish holiday resorts. You even have to rescue some girls from the toilets before its too late.
    Re: Re: Taking advantage?
    Originally posted by strawberrychild
    Its a bit like rape isn't it?

Um, Um,.....That's hard to define. You could argue on both sides;

I think as girls are drinking more and more these days (and most do get so drunk they don't know what they are doing!) there may become more reports of rapes.

But I don't think you can class every case like that as rape.

It's hard to call, I think if the girl show willing signs she wants sex, but is very drunk. I think I might do it (depends I guess)

But who knows, the next day she may cry rape.
    Its f**cking sick and degrading. How would you like it if your current gf was taken advantage off?

Some guys today have no bloody respect. I think if a girl is tottally legless the man should be a gentleman and see her home, and say goodnite. Even if he takes her phone number and contacts her when she is sober is a better idea than making her do things that she may possibly regret
    How do you tell the difference between a drunk girl who knows what shes doing, and one who dont? :confused:
    Theres drunk, and then theres drunk. If a girl is a little tipsy and she makes a pass, its more acceptable, as she's still responsible for her actions. However, if the girl is totally out of her head, the guy would be aware of this and should respect the fact that shes obviously hammered and it would be wrong to take advantage.

If they're both drunk thoguh....tis a different story :p
    It's not ok if she needs supporting. If she's just a bit drunk, and capable of walking on her own (if a bit wobbly), then it's ok. If she's able to do that, then she's able to think - even if the thinking's a bit fuzzy, but she's going to be still capable of saying no.

Mr_Wobble ;)
    yea a lot of the time it's incredibly hard for guys with all this 'should i shouldnt i' because you know how women should 'just say no' well sometimes they say that just to tease, and like if a guy has 10 girls in a row like that then if the 11th girl really doesnt want to hes gonna end up... :crazyeyes

I think when a girls drunk you should put her to bed perhaps. And if she is wasted I guess you could take her back to your place etc but not sleep with her just to look after her till the morning and make her coffee and such. But then again... a lot of guys go out for the purpose of getting sex that night so if a girl is incapable of saying no properly shes gonna make herself a target really.

Has anyone noticed girls seem to be getting a lot more drunk in this day and age? Most girls I know drink a lot more than me...
    Originally posted by TheShyBoyInTheCorner

Has anyone noticed girls seem to be getting a lot more drunk in this day and age? Most girls I know drink a lot more than me...
    Yep, deffinitely. There's been a significant increase in the amount girls drink over the years. I've seen TV programmes, news reports, and read articles on it.

Mr_Wobble ;)