Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

John Leslie

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I suppose with Leslie/Jonsson it all boils down to who you believe more. A guy who was, and most probably still is, a serial womaniser, or a woman who, every time a man dumps her, leads a media witch-hunt against him and all his friends for the rest of eternity.

Jonsson is vindictive enough to gain her revenge for a failed relationship in this manner, make no doubts about it, and Leslie has a history of being pushy with women. Character witnesses are notorously iffy, but Leslies are excellent, even from Catherine Zeta Jones- a woman who would have an axe to grind against him- whilst Jonssons are not.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Kermit
    I suppose with Leslie/Jonsson it all boils down to who you believe more. A guy who was, and most probably still is, a serial womaniser, or a woman who, every time a man dumps her, leads a media witch-hunt against him and all his friends for the rest of eternity.

Jonsson is vindictive enough to gain her revenge for a failed relationship in this manner, make no doubts about it, and Leslie has a history of being pushy with women. Character witnesses are notorously iffy, but Leslies are excellent, even from Catherine Zeta Jones- a woman who would have an axe to grind against him- whilst Jonssons are not.

But you have to admit that the argument is not between Ulrika and John Lesley? She has not named him as a rapist...Channel 5 did that!

How do you know about Ms Jonsons Vindictiveness (Apart from reading the press)?
  • Options
    Originally posted by Kermit

My god you and GWST certainly have the knives out for Ulrika Jonsson - don't know why; did you not like Gladiators or something? :confused: Let's look at the facts here - primarily as byny has already pointed out it was Matthew Wright on Channel 5 who made the accusation against John Leslie not Ulrika. Secondly, if the names are removed we have a woman saying she was raped and has not named her attacker, most probably for lack of evidence, and you accused her of being a lying tart. This is exactly the sort of treatment of rape victims that the government and the CPS and rape support groups have been trying to get rid of for the past decade, it doesn't help rape victims report their cases if people who know nothing about the case at hand just start attacking the woman for being a lying slag.

Leslie is well known as a serial womaniser and as Elysium has said he is known to be pushy where women are concerned. Ulrika has just made bad choices where men are concerned and of course there will be media interest in her relationships because most of her men have come from the same celebrity pool she works in as a celebrity herself. Also I don't remember Ulrika leading a witch hunt against Sven Goran Eriksson, a man who despite cheating on Nancy Dell'Ollio was portrayed in the media as a poor man who Ulrika had somehow captured because she's an evil bitch who wanted to wreck our chances in the World Cup - it takes two to tango and Sven was no innocent. Ulrika came out incredibly badly from that. The only cases where there has been a witch hunt against Ulrika's ex-boyfriends were with Markus Kempen (I think that's his name?) who abandoned Ulrika when she'd just given birth to a seriously ill baby and Stan Collymore who had kicked the shit out of her in a pub - or do you condone their actions because its Ulrika who's been wronged? Ulrika hardly appears to be vindictive, the press would have been onto these guys anyway because of their media profiles. She has just made bad choices in her partners, something lots of people do.

How can you just dismiss her character witnesses against his? Also as far as I'm aware there hasn't been a trial involving Ulrika so to say she has character witnesses is interesting to say the least - also you are just basing these things on people's images you pick up in the media, you don't know what these people are like. Why would Catherine Zeta Jones hold a grudge against Leslie, look at how her life has turned out she went from being in the Darling Buds of May to being a famous international actress with millions in the bank and gained a famous husband and has become a mother. Why would she hold a grudge against Leslie for a life that turned out like that?