Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

am i really soooo ugly...

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by moomog
    I think I get what you're saying... I should be a little bit more 'opinionated'? ie when I am with my 'girl' friends and I think of a typical 'bloke' type comment (nothing too bad), I normally bite my lip and keep quiet thinking that it won't be appreciated, and they'll start to dislike me...

In fact I guess I spend so much time with girls (most of my friends are girls, and over 30 and single) I've probably almost turned into one... :)

I wear glasses, too, and I think a new pair would probably be a good thing. Very expensive though... :(

Remember a few posts back you said you didn't want to change your personality? Well, I got news for you - when you bite your lip and don't say that 'bloke' comment you are changing your personality in an effort to get girls to like you - but in my opinion, for the worse! Take Ilora's advice and say what you want or else you just look like you're sucking up. I bet they don't bite their lips if they think of a typical 'woman' comment...

They are your friends...they won't dislike you for 1 comment. Obviously don't be an ass, particularly if the conversation is around a sensitive issue but I bet that they'll probably be glad that you've finally grown a spine and are acting like a man!

As for the glasses, try some contact lenses. I did try them but they didn't work out with me. Worth a go though. Fortunately I can manage without mine unless I'm driving or doing something else that requires very good vision.

Oh, and ginger hair is not a setback. A girl who I was once trying to get with went out with a guy who had ginger hair! Don't use it an excuse - get out there and give 'em hell!
  • Options
    Originally posted by Powboskie
    As for the glasses, try some contact lenses. I did try them but they didn't work out with me.

Yeah, I have tried them, but simply could not deal with them.... I've worn glasses for so long though, I don't really mind them at all.
  • Options
    I dont think glasses would be a problem as they are seen as a mark of sophistication these days.

...i'll probably get people jump down my throat for this one but try just going out to a night club or something, pull some girls there. its not hard and most people are not generally looking for a relationship to come out of those kind of romances. im not saying you'll find the love of your life there, just build your confidence up a bit. just a suggestion...:)
  • Options
    Originally posted by icey
    pull some girls there. its not hard

All due respect to you icey, but do you not think I've tried that? My GOD have I tried that! But when a girl on the dancefloor won't even acknowledge your presence, let alone let you anywhere near her, there's bog all you can do about it. I may not particularly like clubs that much now, but I did when I was at university... was out clubbing 3/4 times a week. Mainly cause they played the kind of music I like (anything guitar based pretty much, and REALLY can't stand dance music). But still nothing. So you can't say I haven't tried that route. Still go to a couple of places on occasion now, but I'm there for the music.

This is why people just don't understand what it is like for me. They think that it's 'not hard'. Well it is for me.

I know you're trying to help icey, and I really appreciate it, but your suggestion simply doesn't work for me.
  • Options
    Originally posted by moomog
    But when a girl on the dancefloor won't even acknowledge your presence, let alone let you anywhere near her, there's bog all you can do about it. I may not particularly like clubs that much now, but I did when I was at university... was out clubbing 3/4 times a week. Mainly cause they played the kind of music I like (anything guitar based pretty much, and REALLY can't stand dance music). But still nothing. So you can't say I haven't tried that route. Still go to a couple of places on occasion now, but I'm there for the music.

you need to stand out from the crowd. dance like a loon and the girls will flock im telling you! (think carlton from the fresh prince)
    Alternatively, try dresing up as austin powers for a night out. get all your friends to do the same and just have a laugh. if girls think you're having a good time then you're more likely to get approched as you will seem less threatening and easier to talk to. plus it gives a good starting pont for a conversation. for example:
    "girl: why are you dress as austin powers?
    you: what do you mean dressed up? this how i normally dress... (pause for effect)
    you: ha ha ha im kidding, can i get you a drink?"

worth a shot no?
  • Options
    like someone else said, it's about having the confidence -- believing in yourself, and thinking that you *are* good enough for so and so.

start going out, having fun and chatting up ladies n stuff :naughty: that'll boost your confidence and they'll be queueing up :D
  • Options
    no bodys ungly really,
    any way whats the point in going with "mr gorgeous" if hes an absolute prat.
    not worth it, you sound like a nice sort o bloke,
    youl find who your looking for soon
  • Options
    im not sure if this will help or not... but consider yourself lucky. getting involved in relationships is very confusing. take me for instance. me and my boyfriend are happy and and all but...were both considered good looking so jealousy is very much a factor..that and he wants to beat up every guy that so much as looks at me in that way, which is alot. not only that but me and my best friend almost didnt make it through a fight we had over a stupid guy. and one of my other ex - best friends and me didnt make it through a similar fight wich is sad. lso my bf wanted to beat up his best friend because he liked me. point being when your considered good looking and have boyfriends galore, its not all its cracked up to be. to many emotions are involved.:heart:
    ~hence my signature~
  • Options
    and this might help - always remember, everything has beauty, jsut not everyone sees it
  • Options
    Hmmm. What about my suggestion of joining an introduction agency?