Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Morning after pill and terminations and period crapness.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Right (damn you period)

I know im not pregnant, because I went for the morning after pill last monday and she tested me before she gave it to me.

Im pretty peeved about the fact that I dont know what's going on because I still havent had my period, which I was told would come around 4 weeks after my termination. BUT it's going to be 8 weeks tomorrow, and i've had no sign.

Just wandered really if anyone who had had a termination could tell me how many weeks it took before they came on their period after. Or even after you've had the morning after pill, I know its only 85% effective.

Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    taking the morning after pill screws up your cycle big time. that's a huge boost of hormones to have all at once.

i had a friend who didn't get her period back for months after taking the m.a. pill.
  • Options
    on the other hand...When I took the morning after pill a couple of months back I got my period at roughly the same time as usual, though it was a bit heavier.

Same too with my termination, I guess it differs from person to person. Perhaps because you are stressed it is delayed?

Do you usually take the pill? If not it may be worth considering? I've been off the pill for a few months and my period has been much heavier since I came off it!
  • Options
  • Options
    GWST yeh I know; I wasnt allowed to go back on my pill until after I had come on my period after my Ab, so I was still waiting and there was a slight accident with a split condom. Im not good with my pill at all and am going on the patch as soon as it is available to me through my doctor, which should be another month or so aparently.

But as of my period, I came on last night so nothing to worry about. 8 weeks after my ab and a week and a half after my MA so i think it was probably me stressing myself about things.

Anyway, back on my pill today, and on the patch after this packet, so all is well I can conclude. Thanks girls :)