Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Question for the smokers..

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Whilst rummaging through a drawer I found an old box of Malboro Lights with a couple of cigs left, so I had one. Now I never was a big smoker, I smoked now and then when I was stressed. I never smoked because I loved the taste, in fact growing up surrounded by parents who smoke like chimneys it always irritated my nose.

Maybe I don't have an addictive personality or maybe I never smoked for periods long enough to become addicted but when I took the smoke into my lungs tonight it made me cough.

My question to you is why did you start smoking in the first place? And why did you continue smoking to become addicted? Obviously it's a waste of money being such a high price and the taste and coughing certainly isn't appealing to a first time smoker. So why goddammit, tell me why did you do it?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Re: Question for the smokers..
    Originally posted by Kurt
    Whilst rummaging through a drawer I found an old box of Malboro Lights with a couple of cigs left, so I had one. Now I never was a big smoker, I smoked now and then when I was stressed. I never smoked because I loved the taste, in fact growing up surrounded by parents who smoke like chimneys it always irritated my nose.

Maybe I don't have an addictive personality or maybe I never smoked for periods long enough to become addicted but when I took the smoke into my lungs tonight it made me cough.

My question to you is why did you start smoking in the first place? And why did you continue smoking to become addicted? Obviously it's a waste of money being such a high price and the taste and coughing certainly isn't appealing to a first time smoker. So why goddammit, tell me why did you do it?
    all smokers are stupid dumb asses thats why!
    Re: Re: Question for the smokers..
    Originally posted by morrocan roll
    all smokers are stupid dumb asses thats why!

That's not true. Not all smokers are dumbasses. The only reason why I ever started smoking was because it helped to releave the stress and everything else that was going on in my life and I had started smoking soon after my mother died and a lot of stressful stuff was going on at home and at school, was still in school at the time that my mother died. I used to smoke about maybe half a dozen cigerettes a day, if even that, when I first started, but then once things started to get more stressful then it kind of esculated to about almost 10 cigarettes a day. Eventually it went up to almost 2 packs a day, but now I kind of have it down to about 1 pack a day.

That's my reason for why I ever started smoking.
    Originally posted by J
    I feel like I've got throat cancer at the moment so maybe it's time for me to give up.

Hey J. I was going to ask how you were but by the sounds of it, not too great.
    i admit-i started to fit in, but now i love smoking so much i dont wanna give up, but im not a heavy smoker at all, around 5 a day!
    I have a good excuse, well sorta...

I started smoking weed first and got hooked that way. I never wanted to smoke and didnt start till I was 17, now 9 years later I am still hooked :(