Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

feel odd.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
lately my body has been doing funny things.

i've been eating like a horse, but still losing weight.

i'm really REALLY tired all the time.

i feel dizzy a lot.

and today i feel like i do when i haven't eaten for ages - sort of shakey and a bit lightheaded - it's a feeling i know well, cause i used to be anorexic, BUT i have eaten LOADS today/yesterday. and i don't mean loads as in three carrot sticks and a glass of water, i mean loads as in toast, crisps, half a packet of hobnobs, one of those 2 person pasta salads, a whole bag of peas, more toast, more pasta and a sarnie. and i've only been awake since 11am.

i've been feeling weird for a while so i went to my doctor and i'm having a blood test tomorrow, but i have to wait a week and a half for the results :rolleyes:

does anyone recognise these symptoms?

Comments

• Options
    My first thought is overactive thyroid.
    (I'm not a doctor blah blah)
    Or diabetes, but you don't mention feeling thirsty a lot so I guess not.

That or some kind of digestive thingy - malabsorption etc. would explain the weightloss...
    Flu?

Yeah, that's off the top of my head.
    Only thing I can say for sure is to make sure unintentional weightloss doesn't trigger anything for you - y'know, if you've had an eating disorder in the past but I'm guessing you know that alreeady.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Smash

Only thing I can say for sure is to make sure unintentional weightloss doesn't trigger anything for you - y'know, if you've had an eating disorder in the past but I'm guessing you know that alreeady.

tell me about it.

my family keep telling me i'm getting too skinny, and i need to start eating again.

if i tell them i'm eating loads they think i'm lying. if i actually eat loads in front of them they accuse me of being bulimic and follow me to the bathroom. (which is laughable, cause i'm emetophobic and would rather stick pins in my eyes than throw up).

i've just moved, and switched to a new doctor which also doesn't help. my old doctor knew the deal. this new one is all 'most of the girls don't complain when they eat whatever they want and lose weight hahahaha'.

what he doesn't get is i know a lot more about my body and it's weight than most girls. i know the limits, and i know if i lose much more than i have, i'll start getting cold again, and my periods will go, and my body will fuck up. unlike most girls, i don't think this is a good thing.
  • Options
    Originally posted by legal junkie
    i've just moved, and switched to a new doctor which also doesn't help. my old doctor knew the deal. this new one is all 'most of the girls don't complain when they eat whatever they want and lose weight hahahaha'.

what he doesn't get is i know a lot more about my body and it's weight than most girls. i know the limits, and i know if i lose much more than i have, i'll start getting cold again, and my periods will go, and my body will fuck up. unlike most girls, i don't think this is a good thing.

tell your doc how worried you are and tell him about your past. hopefully he will get the message and if not, ask to change to a different doctor.

id wait til your bloods come back, then you will probably know what the problem is. try not to worry about it, and dont let the eating alot bother you:)

hope the test goes ok:)
  • Options
    Diabetes? It could be that you are eating the wrong things which are playing havoc with your blood sugar levels. Are you feeling extra thirsty and needing to go to the loo a lot?
    I'm sure your doctor will test for this anyway - hope it goes ok
  • Options
    Originally posted by byny
    Diabetes? It could be that you are eating the wrong things which are playing havoc with your blood sugar levels. Are you feeling extra thirsty and needing to go to the loo a lot?
    I'm sure your doctor will test for this anyway - hope it goes ok

i am drinking more than usual, but i don't drink enough anyway, so i wouldn't call the amount i'm drinking excessive. and yeah, i've been going to the loo more, but i just put this down to drinking more.

:(

yeah - i'm pretty sure he's testing me for it anyway - blood sugars and all that. i had a nosy at the thing he was writing out.

and you would think, when a doctor gets a new patient, that they would at least read the records. maybe not all the way through, but my eating disorder was a major thing. at my old doctors they had this computerised system, and right at the top of my 'page' in big red letters it used to say EATING DISORDER. just in case i went to another doctor in the practice who didn't know, and they probably should.