Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

How To Get A Job After Failing The Interview

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
My friend told me this and it was such good advice I thought I should share .. and i'm posting it here cos it's not really about work but about not giving up.

My friend's brother in-law went for a job as an assistant manager in a clothing store (National chain). Anyway he had the interview and several days later got a rejection notice.

He told his brother in law (My Friend) - and he told him - write a letter to the person who interviewed him.

And that's exactly what he did, .. he wrote a letter thanking them for their time and also how dissapointed he was he didn't get the job .. and how he'd be greatful if they consider him for any future roles.

anyway the intervewer was so impressed after reading this letter and the fact that when you interview someone you never really hear from them again - that they offered him a 2nd interview and instead of getting an assistant manager's job - he got the manager's jobs in a more high profile London store which has loads of famous people shopping there.

Anyway I think the idea is a very good one, I've interviewed people before and after turning them down not one ever got back in touch - I think I'd have been impressed too if just one did what my friend's brother-in-law did.
:)

Comments

• Options
    I had to write a very similar letter to a company not long ago. they didn't reject me, they were very keen form me to go for an interview, but i was away when they wanted me to go and i knew anyway i would have no time for the job this summer. but it sounded like a good job and i'd love to do it next summer when i've got more time.

so i sent them a really arse-licky letter saying how i was very appreciative of the fact that they had singled me out for an interview and that the job really did sound like it would suit me, how i was sure i could give the company everything they need etc etc, but university committments prevented me from taking up the offer. i said it had been a very hard decision form me to turn them down and i hoped that they would keep my name on file should another opportunity arise in the future!

it sounded better than that though!
  • Options
    or.......
    before the interview you could put up a sign on the door (of the interview room) saying that the location had changed. then youd be the only one interviewed tehrefore getting you the job :)

nah wouldnt work...