Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

i'm going to do some serious damage to my phone in a minute

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
does anyone else keep getting calls from those Indian call centres? The ones where it takes about 10 seconds for them to actually say anything to you when you pick the phone up?

I've started hanging up if I have to say hello more than 3 times without any response. Even if they do get through and speak to me with the usual "this is Orange marketing services we'd just like to tell you about..." I've normally cut them off after 3 words with "I'm not interested thank you, goodbye" (am I too polite?)

Grrrr, I mean does anyone actually listen to these people??? These call centres seem like such a waste of time to me!

And they always call just when i'm getting into the swing of my dissertation and concentrating really well. I've lost all my concentration now :(

Ok rant over!

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    If you have their number you can add it to your phone book then select a ring tone for that number which you could change to silent so it would ring but you would not hear it and it would not affect your other calls
    heh. i've just finished a job doing some telephone market research.

it was hell.

and next time someone rings me wanting to ask me questions or tell me about their services, i think i might stay on the phone.
    Originally posted by GINGA
    If you have their number you can add it to your phone book then select a ring tone for that number which you could change to silent so it would ring but you would not hear it and it would not affect your other calls

Most of the time when anyone from a call centre rings me, the number is witheld. :crazyeyes
    Originally posted by 1andonly
    Most of the time when anyone from a call centre rings me, the number is witheld. :crazyeyes

yeah and it's my landline they keep ringing.

just had it again, except it was the other sort of annoying call, where you just get silence and then they hang up!! grrr, and the number is withheld.

why can't they just leave me to concentrate???
    Originally posted by legal junkie
    heh. i've just finished a job doing some telephone market research.

that's one job i don't think i could ever do! what was the average response like from the people you had to call?
    Originally posted by KoolCat
    that's one job i don't think i could ever do! what was the average response like from the people you had to call?

'who?'

'first - the bus company'

'never heard of them'.

and funnily enough i used to have a phobia of phones.
    what is going on - another bloody call and hang up call. is this pick on KoolCat day or something :( I'm not answering the phone any more. if it's someone important they can leave a message on the answer phone or send me a text!

hate phones :(
    Awww poor KoolCat. I'd get that earlier in the holidays when it would be about 10.30 and it would drag me out of bed then I just say "I'm not interested, thank you. Goodbye." and then hang up because they are desperate to keep you on the line. No point being rude these people are just doing a crap job.

We get more of a problem with those damn leaflets for takeaways or double glazing or whatever. Everytime you go to the door there's another one there! :mad:

When they knock on your door its the worst - either religious nuts or someone trying to get you to switch your gas/electricity supplier. Two weekends on the trot I had religious people knocking on my door - first off was 2 old men and they went do you believe in miracles and one started saying how his wife had been cured of some disease by prayer and I didn't have the heart to be rude because he so obviously believed it so I took his leaflet and chucked it in the bin. Next weekend I had the Jehovah's Witnesses, a black guy and a white girl, got me out of bed and caught me off guard - they're very sneaky asking you simple questions and that - anyway I just took their leaflet to get rid of them and slung it; apparantly they came back while I was on holiday and my mum told them that I was not interested under any circumstances and never to come back to my house again! These people take advantage of people's natural politeness - and we wonder why people are more and more rude.