Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

'Friends' Spinoff confirmed!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
I don't know if you guys have heard, but it's been announced in the U.S that after the last season of 'Friends' to air next year over here, the creators have decided to do a spinoff centred around Joey and his struggle to break it as an actor in LA. Which basically means a happy ending for Joey and Rachel aint gonna happen! :(
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    OH dear...thats ging to cost them a bomb
    Friends is aimed at those with a very basic sense of humour.

I hope it just ends. Forever.
    oh whooppie! I can't wait. Another pile of shit american sitcom.
    /end sarcasm

They should just stick to Cheers!
    Good. Ross and Rachel forever!

And about this new sitcom, who cares about Joey?! I wanna see more of Phoebe, she's so great!!!! I'd love her to have a son or something, and teach him her worldly ways...

[/T.V. show geek]
    hm so it will a spin off like "Fraiser" is, but not as good of course!
    Originally posted by Bri-namite
    Oooh, I love Friends. Basic entertainment for a Friday night when all you want to do is sit and slob infront of the TV with a big bacg of nachos and some salsa dip. Yum.
    Nobody ever claimed it was meant to be high brow entertainment, and I pity those who think it is. If you don't like it, don't watch it!

I hate Emmerdale and Pop idol shitey wank so I just do not watch it, ever. I don't moan about it either, because I don't watch it.
    Originally posted by BumbleBee
    Oooh, I love Friends. Basic entertainment for a Friday night when all you want to do is sit and slob infront of the TV with a big bacg of nachos and some salsa dip. Yum.
    Nobody ever claimed it was meant to be high brow entertainment, and I pity those who think it is. If you don't like it, don't watch it!

:yes:
    i heard about that a while ago...are they actually going to do it now for sure? i love joey, hes brilliant....but mite not be the same with out the others?
    Originally posted by blonde__batman
    i heard about that a while ago...are they actually going to do it now for sure? i love joey, hes brilliant....but mite not be the same with out the others?

:yes: i think it will be crap without the others, mind you, i think Frasier is much better than cheers..but then i guess Frasier is a stronger character than Joey is.
    Originally posted by BumbleBee
    Nobody ever claimed it was meant to be high brow entertainment,

:yes: Well said girlie! I LOVE Friends, I am so addicted to it.

And a whole program about Joey? :love:
    you give it a whole THREE MONTHS?! jees...

I give it the pilot
    friends is the biggest bag of wank ever. y would they want to do a spin-off of it?? :confused:
    Yes but your forgetting in America, the character of Joey is HUUUUUGE! The Americans love him, and the bloke who plays him. Hence the Emmy nominations he keeps getting.

And its the Americans they care about! Not Britain, or anywhere else.

I hope it just ends. Forever.

God, die, motherfucker.

Whereas pop music is highbrow?

Dude, people in glass houses...
    Originally posted by sprocket
    friends is the biggest bag of wank ever.

:thumb:

MoK, as regards pop musicm the point BumbleBee made was a good one. No-one regards Liberty X and Busted as highbrow, but they aren't meant to be. And enough people call them a pile of wank :p
    MoK, as regards pop musicm the point BumbleBee made was a good one.

I hadn't actually read that comment when I originally replied, and I was hoping that you would have got to the point she was making by yourself, when replying to my "pop music" comment.

No, pop isn't meant to be highbrow, and isn't aimed at the cultural elite. But then neither is Friends. So what was it that you were trying to say?

NB You just did exactly the same thing again with your :thumbs: response above...
    Originally posted by Man Of Kent

But then neither is Friends. So what was it that you were trying to say?

I was just making the point that the Freinds was aimed at people with a basic sense of humour, and yes, I accept a similar type of argument could well be applied to people like myself who listen pop music.

It's just everytime I try and justify my music tastes, I use the similar argument, that it's not meant to be highbrow, and no-one ever bloody listens.

Oh I know what I mean, in a round about kinda way...
    We do listen.

We just like to take the piss...

:p
    I love Friends and I love Joey, but I'm not sure I'd find him that funny without the others. Especially Chandler. They're almost a double-act.

I wanted Joey and Rachel :( Ross is so annoying.