Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

home waxing strips

i tried them for the first time the other day on my bikini line, it didnt kill me as i expected but it got about 4 hairs in total and left two whopping great red patches which didnt go down till the next day. do these wax strips work for ANYBODY? theyre not cheap either, anybody got any tips, or have I wasted my money?
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Dunno Rainbow, but I recall someone else on another board saying that these things didn`t remove the hair from her bikini line, just most of the skin. Ouch.
    Yeah, I've used them before. Ages ago, though, so I can't really remember whether they worked well or not. I don't use them anymore, so perhaps they didn't.

I found they took a couple of 'goes' to get all (or the majority of) the hair off, but maybe try to pull the skin so it's really firm, and make sure that the strip is pushed down real hard on your skin, kinda obvious but I guess the more hair that sticks to it, the more hair it'll pull out. Well, that's my theory anyway.

And if you find that you get the leftover wax stuck on your skin (it's a bugger to get off isn't it) try putting some baby oil on it, and then rubbing it with some cotton wool, I found that got most of it off. And make sure that you have quite a bit of hair too (i.e long enough for the wax to attach itself to.) That's all I can think of really.

Which make of strips are you using?
    *growls* :mad:

yeh, i have that problem too. only they have absolutley no affect...dont get rid of any hairs. just leave me all sticky.

i use the veet mini waxing strip things and follow the instructions carefully etc etc :confused: :banghead: :crying: