Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

what makes it work

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
how do you keep the flame in a realationship burning, mines def going out please help spark it up again. my sex life is dead, down to me, and i am only 16. i have only been with my current BF. he tries to make things better for me but i cant seem bothered to put in the effort. is it normal for someone so young to be off of sex for so long?
i prefer to do normal things in a relationship other than having sex, like going for walks with him or swimming and baking. it makes him angry that i have gone off sex. is it just because hes a boy that he wants it so much?
he trys so hard for us to work
i could not find any better
:confused:

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Um... if the flame's dying, it might be time to put it out. Just my experience.

One of the things you could try is taking a break for a while. Tat has a tendency to bring you closer together because you realise how much you miss each other.
    weve trie splitting but it takes only a day before i phone him asking him bk.
    i htink i need him as a friend more than a lover. is it wrong to stay with someone if you feel like this?
    It's not 'wrong' as such, only you know how you truly feel and what is going to make you happy. If you don't fancy him anymore (and it sounds like it) then you should find someone else. The problem you will have is that you need and want him as a friend and I think that if you split with him you'll find that he can't cope with that. He will pine over you terribly and when you refuse any physicalities (as friends would do) you may even find that he starts to resent you. That's what happens when emotions tangle you all up. I hope it works out for you.
    it's normal to stop having as much sex when you've been together a while, but if you're not into it at all then maybe you would be better as friends than as lovers.

it's always hard to let go if you've been with someone a while, but i think you both deserve to be with people you are crazy about and who are crazy about you.
    Have you told him how you feel? Maybe you could try and put abit of a spark back in it?! If not then maybe ur right just to be friends