Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Booze

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Booze....so great at the time yet bad the next day, what goes up must come down...with your stomach too of course....drink too much, you will know the next day...what can anyone do? wait till Friday again or not.

Comments

• Options
    hangovers are quite easily rid of, u just need to know how u get them and how to stop them....

1. Berroca is a must (really good multi vitamin tablet available in boots etc.)

2. about 2hours before u go on the booze, eat a lot of potatoes pasta and a bit of meat, maybe fruit too.

3. make sure throughout the day you have had about 6 pints of water, i drink about 7pints of water a day now, its a kind of routine and i feel much better for it.

4. drink a few pints before u goto bed. (make sure u go for a piss befoe u goto bed too!!!) it could turn out messy otherwise

5. we all know kebabs are REAL nice wen your pissed, but instead *PMSL* hav a bannana *PMSL AGAIN* you will feel much better for it in the morning

6. do as your mother says.... dont mix your drinks!!

alternativley......... dont drink, but that would be bloody boring

that may sound like a load of shit, but it realy does work for me...
  • Options
    I heard recently there is some new research saying that too much water (ie 8 glasses a day) can actualy be detrimental to your health, you end up washing out all your salts.

I know what you mean about drinking before you go to bed though, I always do that.

Clean spirits (Vodka or Teqilla) are better for getting drunk on too, in general the darker the worse it is.
  • Options
    Funny enough i have never been sick on vodka but have no whiskey ;)
  • Options
    I have a friend who knows a biologist and he says that hangovers are down to blood sugar levels being dangerously low. Maybe try lucozade?
  • Options
    Maybe try lucozade?

the last time i felt shit i drank a bottle of lucozade and less than an hour later i was feeling a bit better, but food is the best if your stomach can handle it.
  • Options
    A hangover is a whole mix of things, dehydration, low blood suger levels, but mainly a bad hangover is just your body being poisioned. Milk thistle might help your liver clean the crap out, I think it tastes like shite though.