Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Memento

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
I've just seen the film 'Memento' and my head is spinning! It's a fantastic film, but I'm going to need to watch it a few more times before it makes sense!
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Not heard of that film - what's it about?
    It didn't do very well in the cinema, but it always rates very highly in the surveys of the best films ever - it's number 14 in the IMDB's 'Top 250'.

It's one of these 'puzzle' films like The Sixth Sense or The Usual Suspects - it's about a guy who can't make any short term memories, and is trying to track down the person who killed his wife. He 'remembers' things by taking photos and getting tattoos on his body.

Oh and one more thing...the scenes are shown backwards chornologically - so the film starts with him avenging his wife's death, then we're shown the scenes before it.

It's a fantastic film. I haven't described it well, but everyone should see it!
    Its a good film, I had to watch it twice tho :D
    very good film...

have only seen it once I think, but would watch it agian just for the hell of it. Very good ending too.
    Just to clarify the film runs forwards and backwards, with the two halves meeting at the end of the film, if you get the DVD then you get the chance to watch the film in proper time. Either way go watch it, its a great film
    'Tis a very good film. Of course, me being clever, only had to watch it the once :p:D
    I boiught the dvd yesterday (first dvd i've ever bought!), but I still can't work out how it works. I can't find the option anywhere to play it forwards. They've made the interface far too confusing!