Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Greasy hair...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Got a scalp treatement which is really greasy, washed my hair three times, and most of the grease seems to be out, but there is stilla trace of it, and as I want my hair colored tomorrow it needs to get all out.

Anybody knows how to get rid of it? I'd be very grateful. Thanks :)

Comments

• Options
    Wash it again untill the majority of it is out. They'll wash your hair again tomorrow anyway wont they? But, if your worried about it still looking greasy, sprinkle a bit of talc on the roots and comb it through (pat it off a bit if necessary). That'll dry it out a bit and stops it from appearing greasy :)
  • Options
    try neutrogena,i always found that the best..

or wasnt there something like flour...or cold water...im useless pah.
  • Options
    Why is it that blokes don't seen to suffer as much from greasy or dry hair? :confused:

Mr_Wobble ;)
  • Options
    Originally posted by Mr_Wobble
    Why is it that blokes don't seen to suffer as much from greasy or dry hair? :confused:

Mr_Wobble ;)

Maybe they just don't care as much :p
  • Options
    Some do. But most blokes have shortish hair, so its not too noticable; when blokes have slightly longer hair, it becomes more obvious.
  • Options
    Hmm, I got this so I stopped using conditioner. Worked a treat. :yes:
  • Options
    For greasy hair, rub a piece of tissue paper on your scalp. If you can see oil on the tissue, treat accordingly.

Check your shampoo. It could be creating residue in your hair. Once a week, pour 1/2 cup of an astringent like Sea Breeze on your head. Massage it in, leave it on for 10 minutes. Then Rinse thoroughly.

Oily Hair Tonic

1 egg
    1/2 cup milk
    2 tablespoons lemon juice

Combine and massage into scalp. Wrap your head in aluminum foil for thirty minutes. Rinse in apple cider vinegar.

OR

Apple Polish

The pectin in apple juice absorbs the excess oil, which can leave your hair sueeky clean. So in a bowl, combine 1/2 cup apple juice with 1/2 teaspoon white vinegar. Pour over freshly washed hair. Leave on for 15 minutes. Rinse out with seltzer water. The vinegar intesifies the apple juices oil-absorbing power.

Hope I helped!!
  • Options

Mr_Wobble ;)

I don't have that problem :(
    MY hair is thick and normal, but the scalp treatment I got is really strong.

Oh well.

Thanks for the answers guys.
  • Options
    these might seem a bit weird but ive used them both and they work rerally great on getting rid of grease, build up etc. alka seltzer and washing up liquid-however!! use them only once or twice a month!!! ;)
  • Options

Mr_Wobble ;)
    they do, my dad does, he has to wash his hair every day or every other day, same as me.
  • Options
    About a month ago I used Red Wine Vinegar on my hair to add shine. NEVER AGAIN! My hair smelt of a mix of sick and vinegar 5 days afterwards :yuck: