Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

what to do

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
my mom and dad have finally decided to split up, only its going to be really difficult and messy because neither of them can afford to split up and up till now the only reason they stayed together was the money.

my dad is refusing to see a solicitor, and im guessin thats kinda a vital part in getting a divorce, only neither of them actually knows what to do, where to go, or how to get the ball rolling so to speak.

well inbetween all of this im kinda stuck in the middle, theyre both askin advice and whether i think theyre right to do this, and i have no idea atall!
i really think its something they should teach you how to do at school or something.

well i dont really know the point in this post, i just wanted to tell someone because its doin my head in. its like theyve made the decision but now we're just gona go on living together with them not talkin because neither of them can afford to move out!

i never thought things could get so bad at home, and i really dont know what to do

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Being stuck in the middle can be really difficult can't it. I have a couple of articles that may help you:

split feelings

Dealing with the break up

If you feel your parents are relying on you too much for advice/ sharing too much info and you just don't want to hear it you can tell them this too. Sometimes it can be too much to take and they should respect your feelings.

Make sure you see your mates often and talk things through with those close to you. The whole process can often be long and drawn out so prepare for the long haul, but know that things will all get better eventually.

Take care of you (oh and regarding your health thread - go and see your GP, best to be on the safe side)

Susie :)
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Re: what to do
    Originally posted by tittletattle
    my mom and dad have finally decided to split up, only its going to be really difficult and messy because neither of them can afford to split up and up till now the only reason they stayed together was the money.

my dad is refusing to see a solicitor, and im guessin thats kinda a vital part in getting a divorce, only neither of them actually knows what to do, where to go, or how to get the ball rolling so to speak.

well inbetween all of this im kinda stuck in the middle, theyre both askin advice and whether i think theyre right to do this, and i have no idea atall!
    i really think its something they should teach you how to do at school or something.

well i dont really know the point in this post, i just wanted to tell someone because its doin my head in. its like theyve made the decision but now we're just gona go on living together with them not talkin because neither of them can afford to move out!

i never thought things could get so bad at home, and i really dont know what to do

Damn that sucks! the only advice i can give is pretty much the same as susie's just remember that your parents still love you but will obviously be finding the break up hard and will be looking for support. Before the break up, they will have sought advice and comfort from each other, obviously thats is no longer an option so they have now both turned to you. perhaps see if you can spend a weekend with an aunt or brother or sister every now and again so as to give yourself a break and relax a bit.