Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

No period, but NOT pregnant?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
the title says it all but after being a week and 5 days late, i took a pregnancy test and i'm very pleased to say it was negative,that was 2 days ago, and there is still no sign of my period. should i be worried or what? when i was younder my periods were all over the place, but the last yr or so they have settled down so this is really unusual for me.
i'm really starting to panic. i used a clear blue pregnacy test and it's 99% accuarate, so surely it's not wrong?
any calming words of advice are very much appriciated!

Comments

• Options
    Have you been under any kind of stress recently? Changes in weight/exercise/ diet? Any medication?

Also, do you have any signs (if you usually do, that is) of an oncoming period - water retention, spots etc.?
  • Options
    There can be all sorts of reasons for periods being late, often it's just stress. A few months ago my period was late, and then I got really wound up about it, which probably made it worse! In the end I came on about 2 weeks late, and everything's been fine since then! But if there is a chance you could be pregnant, you could go along to your docs and let them do the test? Or do another one yourself in a week or so? But most of all DON'T WORRY, that'll just make matters worse! ;)
  • Options
    well i always use contraception, ALWAYS. but neither me or my boyfriend have noticed that a condom has split on us or anything. i've been a lot better on the worrying front since i took the text. i have got a few usual signs, spots and such like but still no period! i'm getting seriously parnoid,i'm going to the toliet every half an hour just to see if i've started.
    i think i'll go to the doctors if i haven't started by monday. thanks for the help. XX
  • Options
    I missed 2 in a row for no reason at all. Wasn't pregnant, stressed, on any medication, nothing at all. They just didnt wanna arrive! :rolleyes: The next one was fine though, so if I were you I'd leave it a little while longer.
  • Options
    Although they are very good tests it could be a possiblity that you are too early to tell if pregnant. Try doing a first responce test, that will tell you for sure.

Good luck.
  • Options
    thanks for the advice but i actually started my peroid to day! i've never been 2 weeks late before. i think i stressed myself out far too much. god i feel really silly for being so paniced. anyway, thanks again!
  • Options
    Hey, don't feel stupid, I think every female on the planet has a panick like this at some point in their lives! ;)