Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Addicted

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Does anyone consider themselves addicted towards cannabis at all, can you go a couple of weeks without it? i can but i never need to, whenever i have no stuff i don't find it a big deal and just know that ill get some sometime, i dont find it a big deal but do find it harder to get to sleep at night, only a little harder but i do see people who are sort of addicted to it, they just smoke and smoke then go and buy more and the cycle continues.

Comments

• Options
    there are indeed cannabis addicts. it's all psycological but it's addiction. i can and do leave it alone when i have serious comittments and responsibilities ...it's no big deal.
  • Options
    i thought i was heading down that path, so i proved it to myself, i havent done any for a month and a half now.
  • Options
    i can leave it whenever i want and can start again as easily, a good example was went away on holidays for a week..didn't have the "urge" to smoke or anything, i find it non addictive...propaganda :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Originally posted by Shogun
    i can leave it whenever i want and can start again as easily, a good example was went away on holidays for a week..didn't have the "urge" to smoke or anything, i find it non addictive...propaganda :rolleyes:

The thing is, if you leave it for a little while its not to bad, if you know you can never do it again, then you sorta feel addicted.
  • Options
    Originally posted by duffy
    The thing is, if you leave it for a little while its not to bad, if you know you can never do it again, then you sorta feel addicted.

i'm not addicted then...i can give it up whenever i want to and do it on occasion.
  • Options
    I wouldn't say I was mentally addicted to it but whenever i'm out its always like 'I could do with a joint' but if I haven't got any then I do without.
    As for getting to sleep, the more stoned I am when I get to bed the longer it takes me to get to sleep. I know this may sound weird. When I used to smoke soap bar then I was out like a light but I only ever smoke skunk now. I find myself constantly thinking about shit and can't get to sleep.
  • Options
    I wouldnt say i was addicted to cannabis. I think mainly because i have seen others with addictions, ive experienced addictons during the last 5 years & i recognise the dfference between the way i feel about cannabis & the way my friends and i have felt about other drugs in the past. I love cannabis and would hate to stop smoking but i could do it, without any outside help. And if my skunk got taken away from me and all i could smoke was hash-id quit smoking straight away! i think... :p You can definately, definately by addicted to it in my opinion. Without a shadow of a doubt!
  • Options
    You can definately, definately by addicted to it in my opinion. Without a shadow of a doubt!

I know, i've seen people..well maybe they don't say they are addicted to it but they just smoke it everyday and always stoned, anytime you see them...or maybe they just like getting high and can stop it whenever...or maybe not...*shit, can't get any gear today, its wrecking my head*...thats a likely thing you might hear.
  • Options
    Its addictive, same as any other activity which can relieve stress, be that eating, exercise, sex, whatever.

I recon I could easily give it up, I'd rather not, but I could, not that I smoke that often anyway.
  • Options
    I recon I could easily give it up, I'd rather not, but I could

same here.
  • Options
    It disrupts my working day too much for me to have a problem with it anyway.
  • Options
    thought you didn't have a job...i read a post a while ago that you were too lazy to work but were smart enough to, something like that.