Home Introduce Yourself
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Hi! *waves*

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi, my names Jo/Joey Potter (yeah, that's a nickname, not my real surname - after the character from Dawson's Creek, as coincidentally two of my closest friends are called Dawson and Jen).

I'm new to thesite anyway, I've been reading posts for quite a while, but only actually joined today.

I'm a Uni student at the moment - I'm studying Sports Science at Bangor University. (My sport is gymnastics, which I've been doing for almost 13 years now). I also work part-time at a local pub (whilst i'm at home in Stoke on Trent), and i've had to start working at McDonald's this week to build up the funds I need to go to America in September.

So, I think that's about it really, jus wanted to say Hi to everyone here on thesite :wave:

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Hi, thanks for replying!!

I'm doing great thanks! :)
    Re: Hi! *waves*
    Originally posted by Joey Potter
    coincidentally two of my closest friends are called Dawson and Jen
    :lol:

You're kidding..... right?!
    Nope - that's the truth. My friend, Dawson (it's his surname but everyone calls him Dawson), gave me the nickname last year (as my name is Jo anyway), and one of my closest female friends is called Jenna - but I call her Jen. So the Joey Potter thing just kinda stuck, and now many people call me Joey rather than Jo.
    Originally posted by Joey Potter
    Nope - that's the truth. My friend, Dawson (it's his surname but everyone calls him Dawson), gave me the nickname last year (as my name is Jo anyway), and one of my closest female friends is called Jenna - but I call her Jen. So the Joey Potter thing just kinda stuck, and now many people call me Joey rather than Jo.
    Ah, now you see, I was going to add to my original comment "no sane person calls their kid Dawson..." but you've addressed that issue if it is his surname! :)
    Oooh, hillo. :wave:
    Yeah, it's just his surname - although he always introduces himself to ppl as Dawson, and most ppl think it is his first name!

Hi Lisa! :wave:
    Hiya! :)

ooh just looked in your profile and noticed your birthday is one day after mine, how cool! :D

enjoy your stay..

/me wonders if you are as sexxeh as the real Joey Potter.... ;)
    hello :hyper:

i love your avatar by the way!
    g'day matey :wave:
    Wow - thanks to you all for being so welcoming!! :) Everyone's so friendly here!

Good to see a fellow Taurean, Matt - and just one day apart! Hi anyway :wave: I'm not sure if I do look like Joey Potter (i.e. Katie Holmes), but I do have long dark hair!!

Thanks for the compliment on the avatar, KoolCat, Pingu is just the cutest thing ever!! (I collect penguin things anyway, and Pingu is just so cool!) :cool:

Hi fugue :wave:
    Heyloo :wave: :D
    hi :)