Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Slammin' Vinyl - Que Club, B'ham, 12/7. Anyone going?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Really looking forward to this, sounds like it's gonna be an amazing night. Is anyone going? Anyone up for a meet?

:D
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,284 Skive's The Limit
    There's a chance I may be going - got to work out the money situation first!
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    I'm 95% sure of going.

I attended Atomic Jam two weeks ago and saw the Que club for the first time. The main room is easily four stories high.

What will the music genres be for the three rooms? I assume it will be all three rooms that are open.

Any URLs for getting a ticket online? Thanks.
  • Options
    The Que Club is one of the BEST clubs in the world. I say best, I mean as a location. The main room is awesome.

I won't be there cos I'll be sunning myself on a Greek island :cool:
  • Options
    Saturday 12th July 2003 (9.30pm - 6am)
    Slammin' Vinyl
    Price: £18.50 plus booking fee
    Que Club, The, Corporation Street, Birmingham, England

-For the first time in five months Slammin' Vinyl are back in Birmingham to truly set the summer alight. The venue of choice is the unmatchable and amazing Que Club, which we have managed to re-open for the special one-off not to be missed night of musical mayhem!-

Hardcore
    Hixxy
    Energy
    Mark EG
    DJ Sy
    Dougal
    Stu Allen
    Nick Rafferty
    UFO

With MCs Whizzkid, Storm, Marley and Odyssey

Drum n' Bass
    Shy FX
    Bryan Gee
    Mampi Swift
    Brockie
    Hype
    Mistress Mo
    Bailey
    Nicky Blackmarket

With MCs Skibadee, Foxy, Fatman D and Navigator

Old Skool
    Altern 8 (3 hour set)
    Pilgrim
    DJ Sy
    Ellis Dee
    Mampi Swift

With MCs Lenni, Man Parris and Storm More info:

Tel: 020 8363 5566
    E-Mail: michael@slamminvinyl.co.uk
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Re: Slammin' Vinyl - Que Club, B'ham, 12/7. Anyone going?
    Originally posted by z0ma
    Really looking forward to this, sounds like it's gonna be an amazing night. Is anyone going? Anyone up for a meet?

:D

ooooooh Slammin Vinyl... love slammin vinyl events birmingham is a little bit too far away for me to go :( would be a great night though!
  • Options
    Thats my b-day, im 21 :D I contemplated it...but im going Ibiza instead!!!
  • Options
    Hiya all,

I've just looked at Slammin' Vinyls web site --> clicky

...and there are a load of picture galleries, some at the Que and some at the Sanctuary. Could someone confirm that the Sanctuary is the one in Birmingham, please? I've look at all of the Sanctuary pictures and I cannot relate any of them to the venue! I know it has a very big room on the ground and first floors. The first floor room has a balcony stage as well.

Also, Slammin' Vinyl seems to use more lasers than Sundissential does. It also has blue as well as green ones!

Thanks.
  • Options
    Without looking at the site mate, I can tell you that Slammin puts on events at the Sanctuary, Bletchly Lesiure Complex, Milton Keynes ...and the Que Club, Birmingham ....not the Sanctuary in Birmingham!!!

It also used to do events at Bagleys buts that's gone now!
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    news flash!! now im not on holiday im going, its my 21st!! so everyone whos goibg has to come and wish me a happy birthday!! ok?? pm me if u want to meet up!!
  • Options
    Originally posted by VinylVicky
    news flash!! now im not on holiday im going, its my 21st!! so everyone whos going has to come and wish me a happy birthday!! ok?? pm me if u want to meet up!!
  • Options
    I can't go anymore due to lack of funds :(

I'll be at the Tekno Teaparty, feat. Chris Liberator and Tarantism, which is a lot more local.

Woulda been really fun to meet up with a few of you.
  • Options
    Vicky, why aren't you going to Ibiza?

I'm not going to Slammin' Vinyl. I'm on a break from big events (since Rush Hour) unless I'm getting in free and promise not to drink loads because I'm trying to save money.
  • Options
    Originally posted by *raver*
    Vicky, why aren't you going to Ibiza?

I'm not going to Slammin' Vinyl. I'm on a break from big events (since Rush Hour) unless I'm getting in free and promise not to drink loads because I'm trying to save money.
    read my thread "im sad" in anything goes :( it hurts to type it......shame u cant make it hun.
  • Options
    Just read it, thats a shame. At least you get to go and have a great night out for your 21st. Don't miss Hixxy. He was really good on Friday. You should have come. It was wicked listening to Happy Hardcore in the packed downstairs room with Storm and Wizzkid.
  • Options
    If id have known I wasnt going on holiday I would have :( ah well, least you had a good night.....cant wait for sat ;)
  • Options
    Originally posted by VinylVicky
    If id have known I wasnt going on holiday I would have :( ah well, least you had a good night.....cant wait for sat ;)

So Vicky - what about all those other people that were going to meet you in Ibiza? Are they staying or still going? .. porr thing - well which ever way you look at it you're gonna have a 21st to remebber!!

By the way why is it most music/clubbing websites are so flipping hard to navigate for information!!:rolleyes:

... Oh heck .. I might be in Milton Keynes during the day .. Birmingham aint that far from MK... Maybe I should go??

What's it like? If I do go from MK does anyone wanna give me company in the car (and who can read a map??)

What time dose is start and finish ... (back to that horrible website ...)

Anyone know of any cheap places to stay that's not too far from there - Not sure if I'd fancy driving all the way back to London all in one night?
  • Options
    Either find someone to go with and stay at their house or go to a travel inn (or similar). You can check in at any time. Its 9:30pm - 6am.
  • Options
    Had a phat night at 'Vinyl as well. It was cool seeing the two lasers accompanying jungle music. Jungle/d'n'b isn't normally associated with lighting.

The only mishap was losing the long plastic bit of my light-stick when frantically dancing to hardcore!
  • Options
    Check this out....

Info
    Saturday 9th August 2003 (5pm - 6am)
    Slammin' Vinyl - The Outdoor Experience
    Viewed 1896 times
    Price: £24.50 plus booking fee
    Tel: 020 8363 5566
    E-Mail: michael@slamminvinyl.co.uk
    Sanctuary and Fastrack Warehouses, Denbeigh North Leisure, V7 Saxon St, Milton Keynes, MK1 1SA, 01908 368 984, England

Outdoor Stage*
    Scott Brown Evolution Records PA
    Hixxy with MC Storm
    The Rat Pack
    Mark EG & M-Zone
    Andy Farley
    Fabio with MC Dynamite
    Andy C with MC Skibadee

* Subject to licence.

Hardcore - Fastrack
    DJ Sy
    Scott Brown
    Don Diablo
    Hixxy
    Breeze
    Dougal
    Darren Styles
    Mark EG
    Brisk
    The Producer
    Seduction

With MCs Storm, Whizzkid, Marley and Odyssey

Drum n' Bass - Sanctuary
    Andy C
    Hype
    Mampi Swift
    Bryan Gee
    Zinc
    Brockie
    Nicky Blackmarket
    Hazard

With MCs Skibadee, Shabba, Fearless, Navigator, IC3, Foxy, Fatman D and Eksman

Old Skool - Upstairs
    Seduction
    Nicky Blackmarket
    Dougal
    Mark EG
    Mistress Mo
    Dice

Chill Out - Rollers
    Chill out cinema arena with entertainers and refreshments. More info:
    Slammin' back at its spiritual home of the Sanctuary and Fastrack, Milton Keynes - but with a difference...

This time Slammin' are holding an Outdoor Stage from 5:30pm until 10:30pm for that special outdoor experience!

Plus we have the Rollers arena as a chill out cinema room with entertainers and refreshments!

Check www.slamminvinyl.co.uk or call 020 8363 5566 for tickets and info!
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    sounds wicked......*subject to licence though for outdoor, what dya reackon the chances are? it would still be mint as fuck though.
  • Options
    How far away is Milton Keynes from Stafford/B'ham?
  • Options
    Some people I've spoke to say that the outdoor part of it probably won't happen. Will be good if it does though.
  • Options
    Originally posted by *raver*
    Some people I've spoke to say that the outdoor part of it probably won't happen. Will be good if it does though.

Fuck it!

...the D&B arena's got Skibba, Shabba an Swift.

...The hardore's got Seduction (old skool quality) ...and Producer playing the gabber and dutch techno I miss form Technodrome

...and the old skoll arena's got Dice (amongst other classic sets) - a fucking wicked new DJ!

Doesn't matter whoever's playig you inow it's gonna be wicked ...the Fastrack is a brand new wicked arena, the Sancturay is tried and tested for quality, and the Rollers is back open!

This looks the summer time party to be at!
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Got my ticket for the 9th August today, anyone else going?

...See you there. :D