Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Studying overseas

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
How can I find out about continuing my studies overseas? Cheers in advance.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Are you already at uni? If so, check if your course has any Erasmus links and talk to the people in the international office. I know at Bristol, most depts have links with other unis. One of the Bristol mob here is actually doing maths, so you don't need to be on a language course, although you might have to take units in whichever lang beforehand as preperation.

Alternatively, if you are thinking of doing your entire degree abroad, you'll have to contact the institutions directly. Look at their websites and find the section on international students. Language restrictions may apply, depening on where you're going.

What are you studying and where are you thinking of going?
    if you just want to do a year abroad within your course, then you should get told about the opportunities sometime during your second year. or, like meryn said, go along to your international office and ask.

my boyfriend just came back from a year out in Poland and he had the time of his life there. I could tell when i went to visit that he'd done really well. The language was no problem for him because his lectures were given in English. He picked up quite a bit of Polish too.

I'd definitely recommend going abroad though, it's a fantastic experience :)
    go and asking in the international office, they can give to you the brochures with all the details in. also, ask about in your department, becuase students will have do so before.
    Cheers guys.

I'm actually still at college, originally planning to progress onto HNC (then HND) but uni has recently become an option as my chosen place of study gave me a conditional offer.