Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

so lax..so silly

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
i've just been thinkin how silly i am with contraception. im on the pill but i dont use condoms. and ive been for a check up and i dont have anythin but argh its so stupid but i just dont like them. they dont feel good at all but it scares me when i think that the guy could have anythin n im takin such a huge risk...
is it me or is anyone else this lax?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I'm the same.
    If a lass is on the pill I won't use a condom, never have done. I haven't had many one night stands and so I'm usually in a relationship which is better because you know the person etc. but still I know I'm been stupid.
    yeah it is really really silly cos its not just preagnacy that you need to protect from its stds, some which can be cured and others which cant like hiv, very serious and everyone thinks it wont happen to them!
    be careful and look after yourself!:)
    Originally posted by Lickalotapuss
    I'm the same.
    If a lass is on the pill I won't use a condom, never have done. I haven't had many one night stands and so I'm usually in a relationship which is better because you know the person etc. but still I know I'm been stupid.

As long as you and the people you've been shagging don't mind getting Herpes or AIDs there's nothing wrong with what you've been doing.
    Originally posted by HunnyPot
    As long as you and the people you've been shagging don't mind getting Herpes or AIDs there's nothing wrong with what you've been doing.

Agreed.
    Originally posted by HunnyPot
    I'm clear, I've been tested.

I'm in a relationship at the moment with a girl who was a virgin when she met me and has also been tested just in case so I'm not passing on anything and not getting passed anything either.

Like I said I haven't had many one night stands because I don't shag about. I've only had 2 and that was when I was pissed out of my head and all the safety shit seems to get thrown out of the window. I know drink is no excuse.
    I give blood, and everytime you do a sample is tested for any STD's etc. so I know that I am clear of anything. I always use condom's in one-night stands, but if I know the girl and if she is on the pill then I don't. They just don't feel the same and as-long as I know the girl and I know she doesn't have a reputation and is on the pill then it is worth the risk. But I ALWAYS wear them in one-night stands
    Originally posted by Good Riddance
    as-long as I know the girl and I know she doesn't have a reputation and is on the pill then it is worth the risk.

Seriously?
    It's worth the risk?
    Worth dying for?
    I've only slept with 2 girls who I haven't worn a condom with - both times we were in a relationship and I know that both of those were on the pill, and one was a virgin before me, and one had slept with one other bloke without a condom who himself gave blood and who was clear of STD's and was with the girl in a relationship. Knowing all of that then i'd say it was worth the risk, and seeing as I am still clear then phew!! If i had somehow caught something from one of those relationships then it'd have been about as unlucky as a condom ripping in a one-night stand and catching summat.
    Ah right.
    Didn't realise you knew THAT much about the girl!
    Yeah I'm notoriously bad at this. :(

At the end of last year I caught chlamydia off some slapper I drunkenly had unprotected sex with.

I'd have thought I'd have learnt my lesson since then but every time I get in a sex situation I never bother with contraception.

I'd been sleeping with my current g/f 2/3 times before even spoke about contraception - although to be fair she'd hinted at being on the pill. That was my first pregnancy scare but I think she'll be going on the pill soon.
    Although we've both been really broody recently...:naughty:

Heh. Condoms are crap though - tried one a bit ago, don't know how people put up with them.
    Yeah I'm lax. SHouldn't be adn I aint on one nighters, but as soon as I'm in a rel and know a bit about the fella then I am. Me and current fella whilst we were just sleeping together for fun used condoms as soon as we got into a rel we stopped. I give blood regularly so I know I'm clear.