Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Big Wedding or Small Wedding?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
If you were to get married would you prefer a huge wedding or a small one?

My friend got married and there must have been about 3,000 people there and that was mainy the girl's side - most of his relatives live abroad so they did a 2nd event there as well with probably another 3,000 people.

I think I prefer the smaller type...

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    If I were to ever get married, I doubt I will but anyways, I'd have a small wedding. :|
    Originally posted by *Lisa*
    If I were to ever get married, I doubt I will

:|

TSK.

:p
    a huge fucker
    Originally posted by Mist
    :|

TSK.

:p

Apart from our wedding of course, Dave.
    A small, civil ceremony.
    WHEN i get married its gonna be big i hope. in a castle with loads of guests and my bride would have i a huge "fairy tale" gown.. (if you want one and we get that far eh babe? :p ) and im not sure about loads of guests but so long as the "event" its self is big im happy!
    Biiiiig Wedding! Partay! :D lol But seriously, my wedding would need to be fairly large as I have quite a big family - lots of cousins, who by then will have lots of kiddies of their own!
    Originally posted by *Lisa*
    Apart from our wedding of course, Dave.

That's better. :heart:
    well, i'd want all my family there (and i have quite a big family) but i wouldn't go so far as to invite my third cousins from poland or my primary school teachers, or anything silly like that.

just family and friends.
    Originally posted by Faith
    Biiiiig Wedding! Partay! :D lol But seriously, my wedding would need to be fairly large as I have quite a big family - lots of cousins, who by then will have lots of kiddies of their own!

I also have a big family but I wouldnt invite all of them. :/
    I wouldn't want a ridiculously huge wedding, but I wouldn't want a tiny registry office thing either. Somewhere in the middle would be good. I have a big family so it'd have to be quite a big wedding in that sense, but the family isn't the sort to have big fancy unnecessary fuss. :)
    i'd probably have a small wedding coz i've got a small family no cousins or anything like that. i'd have to count on the bloke i was marrying to have a huge family or something, so yeah a small wedding would be fine
    small definately. ide be happy with me and my fiance and our parents or even just the two of us there! mind you i do want a nice dress and to look like a princess :D but if it came to it ide get married in my jeans and my trainers :)
    I had a lovely small wedding with just family, but all friends were invited to the party afterwards. I dont like big weddings, too formal.
    I always wanted a big wedding, but now, since it's actually time for me to plan my wedding, it's going to be a small one. Well a small ceremony and then a huge party :D

I cant be doing with all the seating plans and speeches and stuff, thats far too formal for my crazy family!
    If and when I get married, I would prefer a small wedding because I'm not too fond of having a huge amount of people around.
    My first wedding was totally shit. I didn`t enjoy one second of it. It wasn`t the size of the thing, but just....nothing was how I wanted it. And people I didn`t even LIKE invited themselves!

This time it`s going to be different. It won`t be a huge wedding but it won`t be 5 people in a registry office either.

My friend`s wedding was the best I`ve ever been to. The first bit was quite big and formal. She got married in a little country church, then we all went to a country hotel where waiters brought round jugs of Pimms until the meal was ready to be served. They had a seating plan and speeches and all that.

Then in the evening a bunch of us (just their closest friends) met up with them in a nearby town, we went to a few pubs and later on we all went to a Chinese restaurant and sat around a huge table eating Chinese food and drinking.

Best of both worlds.
    My cousins' wedding was really small, it was several years ago and there was perhaps about 200 people there, - I remember the place we had the wedding was tiny I couldn't move from my seat cos I got wedged in.

But the killer was my uncle - her father paid for an open bar, anyway the bill came to like £5,000 just for drinks - he was totally shocked!!

He paid it - but he said later if he knew it was going to cost that much he'd have flown everyone to Goa, where he is from and had the wedding there for a fraction of the price and everyone would have got a holiday into the bargain!!

I think weddings inthe Uk are real rip off, for insatnce they've all stopped you from having Buffet style dinner - which is what I prefer because people get up and mingle - now they want per head seated meals cos they charge a fortune for those!!

In the olden days (at least in our family) a wedding would be a family affair, with the women usually spending days cooking and preparing food. It would eb a time to bring everyone together even before the wedding began. But now it's very commerical affairs with companies doing the work - for a heafty price!!
    Originally posted by DiamondGeezer

But the killer was my uncle - her father paid for an open bar, anyway the bill came to like £5,000 just for drinks - he was totally shocked!!

Ouch :eek:
    I only intend on gettin' married once (i'm aware i cant KNOW that, but... ya know, we live in hope and all that!) so i want it to be everything i've dreamed. So yea, i want the fairy-tale. Not overly huge, but definitely not tiny. I'd say quite big. All my friends and family, theres a hell of a lot of us! Then of course there'll be ma other half's family... Hopefully it'll be one cool party! :D *dreams*
    As big as is needed, my cousin is getting married having a small wedding-in some way too posh place with *ooh arent we special a chef from the savoy* (his fiance is a bitch, never liked me always thought she was better than our family!) and because of that not all the fmaly are even invited to the wedding! (me and my younger sister arent for a start, yet another sister of mine is :confused: ) i think weddings should be shared between all of your family and friends - so as big as is needed! not an excuse to think youre rich and posh and important and too good to celebrate with your other halfs family!
    Originally posted by lil_minx
    because of that not all the fmaly are even invited to the wedding! (me and my younger sister arent for a start, yet another sister of mine is :confused: ) i think weddings should be shared between all of your family and friends - so as big as is needed! not an excuse to think youre rich and posh and important and too good to celebrate with your other halfs family!

Hmm, it IS a nightmare trying to work out who to invite and who to leave off the list though, especially if you want to keep it small. I think that ultimately, if it`s your wedding you should have who you want there and not invite everyone and his dog out of obligation.

This might be a bit of a sore point with me though cause I had people I didn`t want at my wedding. :/
    size is going to depend on how many people there are to invite. i'm going to invite everyone who means anything to me and my future fiancé. I don't understand these weddings in secret with just the two witnesses. If you're ready to commit yourself to one person for the rest of your life, why be scared of letting everyone else know?

I want a nice church wedding with a white dress, bridesmaids, confetti and men in suits :)
    hmmdunno if I am......but if I did, on a caribean island or las vegas or somewhere and it would just be me n him :D id have a party when I got back for everyone :D
    i don't really believe in marriage....buuuut..... if i HAD to it would be in Vegas, just the two of us with Elvis impersonators as witnesses. I'd wear a white mini skirt and he'd wear a t-shirt wearing 'I love hookers' :p
    No wedding at all!
    Im never getting married, it sucks!
    Originally posted by Miffy
    Hmm, it IS a nightmare trying to work out who to invite and who to leave off the list though, especially if you want to keep it small. I think that ultimately, if it`s your wedding you should have who you want there and not invite everyone and his dog out of obligation.

This might be a bit of a sore point with me though cause I had people I didn`t want at my wedding. :/

:yes: true.. but the wedding part is 3/4 her family, 1/4 ours even thought our family is the biggest!!! and inviting my sister and not me :no: not happy! (im like a jealous little kid!!)

but i can imagine it would be hard working out the list!
    just a little one. the less number of people total, the less number of people getting trashed out of their minds, ripping their stupid rented tux's and falling all over themselves :p
    i want a hooooooooooge wedding my whole year from school (about 40 of them) friends from out of school and stuff and my whole family, mum and dads which wil be sorta hard to do cos they all live in different places...but i want it huge!