Home Work & Volunteering
Ask our experts anything related to self harm recovery! We are joined by a skin camouflage expert who can give you ideas of how to use make up to cover your scars and also an expert with lived experience of how to learn to love your scars. add your questions to this thread or send them to us anonymously here

Holiday Jobs - Office

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
I'm a uni student and looking for work for about 5 or 6 weeks during my summer break. I've had no luck trying any shops, and I wouldn't mind working in an office. But how do you go about finding temporary work in an office - it's not like a shop where you just phone them up!

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    For short term work it might be best to phone them up. I don't know if anyone would want someone for just a few weeks. The papers sometime have 3 month contract jobs. It is probably easier to work in a shop because there are more jobs around and you just have to fill in a few application forms.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Re: Holiday Jobs - Office
    Originally posted by openup
    I'm a uni student and looking for work for about 5 or 6 weeks during my summer break. I've had no luck trying any shops, and I wouldn't mind working in an office. But how do you go about finding temporary work in an office - it's not like a shop where you just phone them up!

Oversubscribed.

Because offices are more desirable to work in that warehouses etc.

Try temping agencies, Reed and suchlike...good luck :)