Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Teleworking

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
How many people actually work from home or know someone who does? I think this would be great, you wouldnt have to waste time travelling to work and could do the work whenever it suited you and wouldnt have a nagging boss at you.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    yeh that would rule, do a Homer Simpson stunt!:lol:
    :no:
    Gain weight and be a fat man and work from home, that man is a genius :lol:
    Geography Girl come to the rescue ;)

Something along the lines of 15% of people in the UK and US work from home one day a week, but <2% do it full time. Or so my text books say...

I think thats office workers, but it might include writers etc aswell, unless that is office work? Got myself all confuddled now!
    I worked from home for about 2 years. I was self employed as a computer game programmer. I got the job by making a website advertising my skills, and emails came flooding in. It rocked at the time, I was earning more than my dad when I was just 16. I did what I wanted, when I wanted. However, there came a point when the work got too much, I lost motivation and gave up. A while later, I was skint, and really wanted to start working over the internet again. I thought "hey, this will be a piece of cake just like last time". However, the reality of it is, I haven't found work like that again since, and I reckon I must have just been really lucky on the first time round. Thursday I start my new job, gardening for the local council! lol a bit of a change, but it's just for the summer tho.