Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Phone or go in?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I'm going to try getting a summer job at a few shops in my local town. I was planning to phone up and ask (politely) if they needed any staff. But I wonder if it's better to go in in person and ask?

I'd prefer to do it over the phone as I'd feel more comfortable. Who would I go to if I went into the shop - I presume the normal staff wouldn't know, so I'd need to find a personnel worker?

Comments

• Options
    If I were you then I'd go in in person rather than phoning up. To me it shows them that you're making more of an effort, but that's just my opinion :)

As for who to ask about a job, if it's a big company like Asda or something, then ask to speak to the Personnel Manager. If it's just a little shop then just ask to speak to whoever is in charge.
  • Options
    Personally, I would phone up!

If the person you need to speak to isn't there, then you will be waiting round for ages before anyone even tells you!

Also,I know from working in a smaller shop that when people come in, some very mean members of the current staff might just fob you off and tell you their are no vacancies in order to get rid of you so they don't have to find someone to talk to you!

If you phone up you will be put throgh to the person you need to speak to, and if they aren't in you can find out when they will be in.