Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Handing your notcie in.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
My sister told me that when you finish a job you have to write a letter, but what do you write?hello im leaving buh byee?

What do you need to include in this letter?:confused:

Comments

• Options
    So its more of a prargraph than a letter then.
  • Options
    Originally posted by sxy bunny grl
    So its more of a prargraph than a letter then.

No, it's still a letter!!!!
  • Options
    Alternatively, if the job was not great;

Dear Unpersonable Bitch

per the piece of crap I signed on my first day of this dreaded job, I hereby give 2 minutes notice of my intention to leave this awful company.

I want to thank you for all you have not done for me in my employment here. It has been sheer torture working for you and representing this crappy company.

It is now time for me to move on and I have accepted a position as a garbage person. This decision was quite easy and took little consideration. However, I am confident that this new role represents a step up from this piece of crap job.

I wish the company would go to pieces and hope one day you too will realise that you cannot manage your way out of a paper bag.

Glad to be gone,

Bunny grl.

P.S. I don`t recommend you use this one if you`ll be wanting a reference.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Miffy
    Alternatively, if the job was not great;

Dear Unpersonable Bitch

per the piece of crap I signed on my first day of this dreaded job, I hereby give 2 minutes notice of my intention to leave this awful company.

I want to thank you for all you have not done for me in my employment here. It has been sheer torture working for you and representing this crappy company.

It is now time for me to move on and I have accepted a position as a garbage person. This decision was quite easy and took little consideration. However, I am confident that this new role represents a step up from this piece of crap job.

I wish the company would go to pieces and hope one day you too will realise that you cannot manage your way out of a paper bag.

Glad to be gone,

Bunny grl.

P.S. I don`t recommend you use this one if you`ll be wanting a reference.

:lol:
  • Options
    My letter of resignation to Marks & Spencer wasa note left on the desk after work one night addressed to my superviser. It went along the lines of:

"Won't be in tomorrow. You have been inflexible about changing my hours even though you had already told me I could. You treat your younger members of staff like five year olds."

Long story as to why I left that!

My last resignation letter was nicer, although I did point out that changes in management had led to my resignation. It was ok because I sent it and didn't have any shifts to complete to it isn't like they could hold it against me!
  • Options
    is it wrong or something to go to your manager and say, hey, i'm quitting, i'm putting in my 2 weeks?
  • Options
    Originally posted by my_name
    is it wrong or something to go to your manager and say, hey, i'm quitting, i'm putting in my 2 weeks?

Not if it's a pretty informal job.