Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Pregnancy

2»

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by Shogun
    It did seem like he was bragging about but then got all serious and said make sure yous have safe sex lads, yea if a person is young and has a child they aren't ready for, how are they going to support it,themselves and their gf/wife?They wont so abandon the girl and baby, if i got a girl pregnant i would leave her, i would stay with her.

that last sentance confused me - you say you would leave her or you wouldnt?

thing is tho you never know until you're in that situation. You might say now 'i wouldnt leave her' and then realise you cant cope. You can say 'oh yeh i'll get a new job' but what happens when no place wants you? Just like I always said when I was 11+ if i ever got pregnant young i'd become a surrogate mum and give the baby to someone who desperately wants kids but cant... but i didnt, because when it came down to it, that was too hard.

you dont know until you're in that situation, but you'd think that when you get to that situation, you'd at least realise the seriousness of it all rather than just pass it off and be like 'yeh i got my girlfriend pregnant - my soldiers work just fine thank you' or whatever.

I know a girl who's just got pregnant by my mate, he's doing exactly what you're mate is, and he's trying to ignore the whole thing, but makes a joke about it when someone does bring it up. As for her, she said she was going to have an abortion, so it didnt matter what she did because she wasnt keeping the baby - so she went out clubbing and got pissed. she was out her face and started to bleed, and yet she still stayed in the club and carried on drinking, just put a tampon in. thats sick, i dont careif she was keeping it or not, thats just sick.
    Originally posted by Lil Laura
    I know a couple who've just had a baby a couple of months ago, both of them 15. They stayed together all through the pregnancy, and he really looked after her, and was so proud he was going to be a dad - not showing off or being a prat, genuinely proud. It was really nice to see them together, but they split up about a month after the baby was born - I think they agreed the pressure was too much, and it wasn't right for them to be arguing in front of their child. It was nice to see in a way - you'd never expect him to be the sort of person to take responsibility and stand by his girlfriend, but he did. It's nice to know that not all teenage blokes are too immature to deal with important issues.

yeh i do agree, some guys are geniune. my fella met me when I was pregnant. He was only 18, and it wasnt even his baby, and yet he's still here, 2 years down the line, being the best dad ever.

its just the complete fuck ups, who are just shagging around, or only with the girl for a shag, that really piss me off a treat, because when it comes down to it, they're not man enough to face what they bought on themselves.
    that last sentance confused me - you say you would leave her or you wouldnt?

No i wouldnt leave her, yea iknow what you mean, about saying something before being in that situation and then you realise you cant do it and shit yourself, not just with getting a girl pregnant but other situations.
    i think at the end of the day the only lesson to be learnt, because lets face it we all know about safe sex, is that if you can hack the pace - dont join the race.

you got to take responsibility for your actions, and well, if you're not man enough to do that, you're not man enough to be making those actions.
    Yes correct badabing but if u think about it.. if alot of teen pregnancies fall then the population of the country is going to go down and may prove worse in the long term .
    Yes correct badabing but if u think about it.. if alot of teen pregnancies fall then the population of the country is going to go down and may prove worse in the long term .

I never said teenage pregnancy was a bad thing. I just dont agree to it when the parties involved wont stand up to their responsibility. Especially the guys, because at the end of the day, no matter what happens it the girl who has that baby in her womb, and its her who is going to have to give birth to it, and ultimately its her decision as to what becomes of the child. So whether she likes it or not - she has to make the decision about what to do, and ultimately go through with the outcome of that decision. whereas tho the bloke can just carry on as normal. Im not saying its as easy as that because hell i know it isnt, but its a hell of a lot easier for him to go back to school the next day and sit his exams and not have to worry, than it is for the girl.

and you're damn right, the government doesnt always look at the positivities of becoming a parent young. I dont mean like 12 or anything, because no i don agree with that, but there's some extremely capable 17 year olds out there who im sure could cope just fine, and yet the ogvernment is still trying to stop it all, and yet its these girls who are keeping our population alive in most cases.
    Originally posted by xXxXxSarahxXxXx
    Thanks i'll have a look at them, I didn't know you bought them in your usual size, probably where i'm going wrong lol

LMAO!

If you`re usually a size 12 (for arguments sake) and you`re heavily pregnant, you don`t think, "Ooh, I must be at least a size 18 now" and get size 18 maternity clothes! You`ll be lost in them!!!
    Originally posted by xXxXxSarahxXxXx
    Aww, James is gonna be his middle name.

That is really freaky, If we have a boy its gonna be called James Daniel!:eek2: Maybe we just both have good taste!
    For a girl i think its gonna be Sophie Louise.:)
    Aaah, not James! No offence to any James' out there, I actually don't mind the name, it's just that there are so many of the buggers. You call out James in my uni, and half the male population turns round! You don't want your child to get lost in the crowd do you?!
    fuck i am glad boys dont have to go through pregnancy. :D
    Originally posted by lazybstard
    fuck i am glad boys dont have to go through pregnancy. :D

It`s giving birth you wanna be glad you don`t have to do, fuck pregnancy.

Nonsense.

What would stop these people having the same number of children later in life? What it would do is affect the potential pull on the UK's social needs... in a positive fashion...
    Originally posted by Man Of Kent
    Nonsense.

What would stop these people having the same number of children later in life? What it would do is affect the potential pull on the UK's social needs... in a positive fashion...

no you're quite right. I know above i said that i didnt say teenage pregnancy was a bad thing, and i stand by that comment, but I dont endorse teenage pregnancy at all. i think the last thing a 15 year old shouldbe doing is looking after a child, and it doesnt really do much for society at all. You spend your life on benefits (if of course you're entitled to them) and not being in an ideal situation to travel or learn or date or party or live it up at all.

I think its sad when young girls feel they want a child so young, need a child to make them feel loved, and instead of shouting at these girls and saying "oh shut up and stop being so ridiculous", which is what a lot of adults say to them when they express the want of a child, we should hold on to them, let them express their feelings, and talk to them in an adult fashion about the way they feel. You cant stop someone's emotions, no matter how old or young they are, but more and more young girls are sititng down now and seriously considering having a child. I've just doien it myself, and im only 18. and i already have one! but i know what its like to be young and want a baby so much, i really do, you cant help the way you feel... some women have these maternal feelings at a very young age, and it really isnt their fault at all.

anyway, thats totally irrelevant, dont know where it camne from... but hey its late and im in marajuanaville (not litteraslly) :p
    Originally posted by badabing
    You spend your life on benefits (if of course you're entitled to them)

:eek: :eek:
    :yes: tis true. its a catch 22... you have a child... you're young anyway... tis very difficult to stay in school and get qualifications... hence it is very difficult to get a good job, or a job... and then you go back to school in a few years time to get qualifications... you get a job and all your money goes on child care... its a mess really.

Its can be done... im living proof, but its damn hard and is very rare.
    Originally posted by Tweety
    That is really freaky, If we have a boy its gonna be called James Daniel!:eek2: Maybe we just both have good taste!
    For a girl i think its gonna be Sophie Louise.:)

lol That is mad. We was thinking of Sophie for a girl too :D

Great minds think alike! ;)
    Hi!
    Ive only just seen this post and thought id reply. Im not sure if youve had the baby yet, but its important that you are looked after when your pregnant and have high blood pressure. A family freinds best freind (complicated) had high blood pressure, and she got sent home and i know this isnt v.nice thing to know but her mum found her and the baby dead one morning, she had given birth to the baby through the night and they had both died.
    Its not nice at all, but its important to know what could happen if nobody is around.
    Goodluck with it all anyway and congratulations! xxx
    Originally posted by **Cinderella**
    Hi!
    Ive only just seen this post and thought id reply. Im not sure if youve had the baby yet, but its important that you are looked after when your pregnant and have high blood pressure. A family freinds best freind (complicated) had high blood pressure, and she got sent home and i know this isnt v.nice thing to know but her mum found her and the baby dead one morning, she had given birth to the baby through the night and they had both died.
    Its not nice at all, but its important to know what could happen if nobody is around.
    Goodluck with it all anyway and congratulations! xxx
    :eek: thats very sad, but probably unneccesarily frightening for any of our pregnant friends here to read. This sort of thing is rare these days.