Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

working in virgin

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
hi, i was thinking of working in virgin megastores. doesnt look hard.

does anyone work in one? what is it like?

how would i go about getting a job? phone? what would i say?:rolleyes:

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Pop in and ask for an application form. If there are no vacancies, ask when they're going to be recruiting again. :)
    I would advise you go into the shop, rather than phoning because it shows your making a real effort and are really interested in applying for a job. Just ask if there is any vancancies and if not they might put your name on a list for the next available positon. If not you can ask when there are likely to be job openings so you can keep trying. Hope this helps. Good Luck:D
    Oh and when you do go in, make sure you look presentable and are polite and smiling, more likely to make a good impression that way :)
    I worked in Virgin over Christmas as a temp. The job would have been a bit better if I'd recieved proper training, but basically the bloke who trained us had never done it before and was very vague about a lot of things. It can be quite difficult remembering where everything is, but you gradually pick that up the longer you work there. Using the database system is also quite complicated unless someone shows you what you're supposed to doing.

The tills often broke down in the shop I was working in, but thats probably just a problem unique to that store.

I think it will be fine working there most of the time, obviously working over Christmas it was extremely busy and I guess I was thrown in a bit at the deep in so I didn't enjoy it as much as I could have done. But working on the tills and stuff is pretty simple, once you've got used to doing all the gift vouchers and phone vouchers and stuff. Just don't make the mistake I did, if you have any questions or don't understand anything ask right at the beginning to be shown again, rather than just going along with it when you don't really have much of a clue :confused:

Good luck :)
    I fancy working for Virgin trains. :yes:
    Doesnt look hard?

Oh it is. As hard as it is working in any other shop, which i take it you havent done?

Theres learning the database system, then the tills, then the stock. All the bloody stock. When the Top 40 changes meh, so many CDs to put out.

Just go in and ask for an application form.
    At my local Virgin you just give them your CV, and then they look at them whenever they need new staff. I never got a job there, I think you need to be experienced...