Home Health & Wellbeing
Come and join our Support Circle, every Tuesday, 8 - 9:30pm! Limited spaces available! Sign up here

question on cuttin yourself

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
ok i was writting in my diary and i was writting about why i used to but myself what i used to get out of it and stuff and made me think about why i did it? stupid reasons girlfriend shit and how it made me feel after, got that angre and fucked up emotions out.

If you used to why did you do it, where did you do it, and what did you get out of it?
Just wanted to know about other peoples stuff on it.

Later Dayz

Comments

  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Never done it, never will and dont see the point in it, i dont see how someone can go so far in their lives as to cutting themselves...its pointless and pain involved in it as well.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Re: question on cuttin yourself
    Originally posted by Mrmint666
    If you used to why did you do it, where did you do it, and what did you get out of it?


    I used to do it because I thought it was the only way of getting my emotions out, when I was really upset about stuff happening in my life (but I don't want to go in to those things now.)

    I did it on my arms, legs and stomach with either scissors or razor blades.

    I didn't get anything out of it apart from scars and blood.

    Someone once told me that a day would come when I just wouldn't NEED to cut myself anymore. I didn't believe them at first, but that day did come and I'm glad I haven't done it since. It doesn't mean the emotional pain's gone away though, it just means that cutting to get the pain out doesn't work anymore. I've found other (less stupid and dangerous) ways of releasing my emotions now, and realised it didn't help at all, it was just a quick fix which made me believe all my problems would go. But they of course didn't, and I realise now how stupid I was.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    i do it cos i get so down that i feel that i deserve the pain and the ugly scars they leave.
    i do it with razor blades. i had to buy some the other day cos the paice of glass i had went blunt....and i felt like i really needed to. i feel like shit now cos i stopped cutting for a long time then i got depressed cos so much in my life is fucked up. whats scaring me now is that i keep going of into daydreams of how to kill myself and stuff. i dnt mean to do this it just takes over.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by Shogun
    Never done it, never will and dont see the point in it, i dont see how someone can go so far in their lives as to cutting themselves...its pointless and pain involved in it as well.

    Shogun, even though you dont understand it, to some people it really does help, yes is self destructive, but some times cutting is better than the alternatives. it really isnt pointless.

    I used to cut myself, for loads of reasons, sometimes i thought it was because id deserved the pain, sometimes because i was frustrated and i knew if i didnt cut myself, id hurt somebody else. Mostly though i did it for the pain, because if i felt pain physically then i would concentrate on that, and the physical pain was much easier to deal with than emotional pain.

    i used razors, broken mirror, blades, knifes, used to do it on my wrists and legs, (stil have a few scars on my wrists from years ago) but, when i couldnt cut myself anymore because my mum had hidden all the things i could possibly cut myself with, i was left with an overdose. read up on it so i knew id die, and i OD'd. i got found the next morning and taken to hospital got put on all sorts of drips and monitors and machines, so i lived, but if it wasnt for being found i would have died the cutting was a release, without that release it was hell and i couldnt cope.

    Sometimes cutting is the best thing to do in the situation. I dont cut anymore, ive learned to control myself.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by Shogun
    Never done it, never will and dont see the point in it, i dont see how someone can go so far in their lives as to cutting themselves...its pointless and pain involved in it as well.

    A lot of people don't understand it, but if you aren't in their position then you don't know what it is like. I personallyhave never cut myself, I have scratched with my nails and with scissors (ok, so when I did that I accidentally cut my finger) and when I get very stressed I hit myself or press my fingers into my temples because I don't like to take my stress out on other people. People have told me that it would be better if I did flip out at people but I can't do it. But yeh, don't judge people who do it, you don't know why they do it and the only person that can truly understand why is the person themselves.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Yes i know i dont understand, if im angry or stressed i would grit my teeth together in anger but i wouldn't cut myself to relieve the pain :no:
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by Shogun
    Yes i know i dont understand, if im angry or stressed i would grit my teeth together in anger but i wouldn't cut myself to relieve the pain :no:

    Yeah i get what your saying mate, but a lot of the time when people cut its not down to anger or stress, its an emotion more powerful than that. i guess different things come as natural reaction, some people want to hurt themselves, some people hurt others,and some cry or whatever, i guess its each to his own really, were all different. now i dont cut, i get mashed. thats my new reaction.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    a much better reaction too ;)
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by Shogun
    a much better reaction too ;)

    :yes: i think so babe :yes:
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    ahhh..the wonders of being in an altered state :)
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by Shogun
    ahhh..the wonders of being in an altered state :)

    Does anyone know any good ways of getting in an altered state for us under age people???? I don't want to hurt myself anymore but I don't want to take it out on other people who don't deserve it. Generally the reason I'm stressed is because I've done something that has hurt someone else. So I hurt myself to punish me. Don't say 'Don't blame yourself' cos I tried that and it didn't work! So being in a (legal) altered state would be nice!
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by *x*socksgirl*x*
    Does anyone know any good ways of getting in an altered state for us under age people???? I don't want to hurt myself anymore but I don't want to take it out on other people who don't deserve it. Generally the reason I'm stressed is because I've done something that has hurt someone else. So I hurt myself to punish me. Don't say 'Don't blame yourself' cos I tried that and it didn't work! So being in a (legal) altered state would be nice!

    I dont like legal altered states.. im more of an illegal girl

    alcohol :no: makes things worse!
    drugs :yes: the whole world is beautiful again!
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    i want the pain but not the scars...
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by lil_minx
    I dont like legal altered states.. im more of an illegal girl

    alcohol :no: makes things worse!
    drugs :yes: the whole world is beautiful again!

    Now see, I don't actually want to turn into Kay! So you gotta give me some good ideas!!!!
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Does that actually work? Cause I have never passed out before so I don't want to unless it will work! And, also, what about all those times at school when it would be impossible?

    Please stop with the drugs, I seriously do not want to turn into Kay the Bitch from the Underworld ok???
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by *x*socksgirl*x*
    Does that actually work? Cause I have never passed out before so I don't want to unless it will work! And, also, what about all those times at school when it would be impossible?

    Please stop with the drugs, I seriously do not want to turn into Kay the Bitch from the Underworld ok???

    yeait seriously does work, it will make you pass out.

    okay...drugs thing ended.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    shy boy.....i have two words for you...........candle wax.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    if you a girl bite your boyfriend, my ex used to bite my hand when she was pissed or if i was waring a cap would bite into it and pull it about, it worked for her.... dont know how or why but its worth a shot, better than resulting to cuttin' which i havn't done in 3 months now :D
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    .
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by Shogun
    yeait seriously does work, it will make you pass out.

    okay...drugs thing ended.

    I tried it last night but it didn't work, my sister the stupid cow tried it aswell but it didn't work for her either. I think we did it wrong lol you gotta explain it better.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by Mrmint666
    if you a girl bite your boyfriend, my ex used to bite my hand when she was pissed or if i was waring a cap would bite into it and pull it about, it worked for her.... dont know how or why but its worth a shot, better than resulting to cuttin' which i havn't done in 3 months now :D

    sometimes when im reallllllly realllly stressed i bite my arm or hand just to get aggression out, my fella banned that, and made me bite him, i could never bring myself to do it but he used to tell me to bite him and get aggresion out, i thought that was really sweet~even if i couldnt do it!
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Replacing one problem with another is not the answer, you know. Yes it is better to find safer ways to release rather than cutting, but at the end of the day you need to address why you are cutting or the problem will come back again and again in one form or another. Go and see your GP for a chat and/ or call the helpline number at the bottom of

    our self harm article

    More info on mental health

    Take care y'all

    Susie :angel:
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Susie is right as ever it seems, replacing one problem with another doesn't work.

    However, I think if I didnt get stuff out at the gym, then I would be cutting/have cut. I think that some things dont need to be analysed to such lengths, and that if you can find a safe release and don't feel ready/dont want to confront your problems, then fair enough.
Sign In or Register to comment.