Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

net relationships

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
this has probably been done before but hohum,

someone told me last night he didnt see the point in net relationships,cause there was no physical contact
i personally think they can be stronger in the sense that the communication bond would be so much greater and when there was physical contact itd be oh so much more worth it.

what do you think?

do it or dont do it

Comments

• Options
    Re: net relationships
    Originally posted by rockerchick
    this has probably been done before but hohum,

someone told me last night he didnt see the point in net relationships,cause there was no physical contact
    i personally think they can be stronger in the sense that the communication bond would be so much greater and when there was physical contact itd be oh so much more worth it.

what do you think?

do it or dont do it

I have been in a net relationship, I met the person once for 10 minutes. My mates all told me he was cheating on me, and I refused to believe them, but it was always there bugging me. Then I started seeing someone else (I was getting very desperate because I would probably never see this boy again for a long time) and I did one of those chain email things where you have to write about who your perfect person is and all that kinda thing, and I put the person I was seeing. I sent it to my whole contact list - including this boy - and got a reply which had 'Christine' all over it. I thought, 'Hey look my mates were right' and I haven't spoken to him since (ok so it was a very long time between the last time I spoke to him and that email but hey).

Internet relationships are stupid, you can't trust the person, especially if they are 17, you are 14 and they live on the other side of the bloody country!!!

Franki :P:P:P
    X
  • Options
    I've never had a net relationship, but i agree with rockerchic that the communication bond between the two people might be better than it would in a non-net relationship. But the only problme i see with them is, you can't always be sure what your getting!
  • Options
    I'm in one. So I say 'do'. If you can handle it, then go for it.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Zombie
    I'm in one. So I say 'do'. If you can handle it, then go for it.

Have you met yet?
  • Options
    Yeah they can work. I met my fella online, but it was easier for us cos at that time he lived 10 mins away from me so it quickly changed to not really being just online. Although these days now he's moved away I see most of him online and just see him once a week or so off. Works for us, we're happy so why shouldn't other people be?
  • Options
    I'd say no, cos if I've got a boyfriend then I want to see him a lot and whenever I like. I agree that you get to know people a lot better when you chat to them online lots, but I'd still want a relationship where you saw each other in person all the time.
  • Options
    well i met someone from the internet (i was very careful...just like ur mum always tells you etc) cause we seemed like we would be quite a good match and it was a bit wierd cause they talked so differently to how they wrote. with the internet you have to be careful cause you kina build up what you think this person might be like as its a really natural thing to do and it can feel awkward when you do meet them eventually cause people also tend to divulge (oooh big word thats probs spelt wrong) a lot more info to them than you would normally do.
    The Silly String...being sensible
  • Options
    I can't see the point of having a Net relationship either - unless there is the chance that you will meet up someday, and turn it in to a regular relationhip.
    I've had one of those, and it nearly worked out.

Mr_Wobble ;)
  • Options
    Oh thought I'd better add that I suppose this one don't count as a net rel before we met as I spoke to him for about 2 hours online before we did meet. I just couldn't resist the offer of an all over body massage. :lol:

P.s. Yes I know how foolish I was doing so but hey it all turned out for the best.

Past I've had a couple of online rel's. Some worked and met some just faded away, but I can't see any harm in them if you like the person and believe there could be a future.
  • Options
    ..all my real relationships have spawned from net relationships and i'm proud to say most of them have been normal and functional :)
  • Options
    in the past i have had relationships with guys on the net, and none of them have been trustworthy- i remain very good friends with one of my ex net b/fs! hes pretty cool and we were more m8s than bf and gf anyways

They just don't work out , thats my opinion anyways, because you have never touched that person or seen them, so how do you know what u are dealing with! You have to be a very trusting person to have a relationship like that!

My friend has recently flew out to Argentina to go and see his g/f for the first time! i think it is really sweet and i really do hope it works out for him and everything but part of me thinks he is silly for going all that way, but i guess love has got the better of him!

Luv
    Charlotte x
  • Options
    Originally posted by HunnyPot
    Have you met yet?

He's coming to see me in 3 days.
  • Options
    I do think it's incredibly sad if people actually go looking for internet relationships and do all the cybersex thing etc, but if you were to just come across somebody online and hit it off then I don't see that as too sad.
    I can see how ugly/shy people with decent personalities would see the attraction though - you can get to know someone without them seeing you, but it's not my thing at all.

Done it once when I was 16/17 and naive - we didn't actually meet but still keep in contact to this day as mates.

The internet is best used for relationships when you're keeping in touch with the other person, for example I will email my girlfriend while I'm at work, MSN etc.
  • Options
    my best relationship was a net relationship,he was first love and he'll always be with meit was difficult and in the 18months we actually went out we only met 5 times(which is good for two 15year olds who live 300miles apart)but i dont think you should consider actually seeing them because thats up to you it isnt a matter of not being able to its a matter of making yourself,

we never complained about the distance because we new we saw each other when we could
  • Options
    Originally posted by Zombie
    He's coming to see me in 3 days.

If that's the first time you're meeting him and you're planning on having sexual intercourse I'm worried. But then it's your life so oh well.
  • Options
    Originally posted by AndyW
    I do think it's incredibly sad if people actually go looking for internet relationships and do all the cybersex thing

One of my ex-friends (I seem to be getting a few of those lol) does the cyber sex thing. She spouts on about vegetables and carrots and planting seeds and stuff to random people she meets in chat rooms. She sent me a lot of her stuff a while ago and it was pathetic. Really and truly pathetic. Stupid schizo cow.
  • Options
    :lol:
  • Options
    :lol:

Quite :p
  • Options
    i still got that email somewhere fran......
  • Options
    Originally posted by Samael
    i still got that email somewhere fran......

Pathetic ain't it lol
  • Options
    I do think it's incredibly sad if people actually go looking for internet relationships and do all the cybersex thing etc, but if you were to just come across somebody online and hit it off then I don't see that as too sad.

Does anyone who goes online to cyber actual look for a rel? Not in my experience. Those who cyber are there for a cheap thrill. MNost folk who find rel's online do it through chatting and finding a connection so don't be so judge mental.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Kazbo
    Does anyone who goes online to cyber actual look for a rel? Not in my experience. Those who cyber are incredibly sad.
    Absolutely agree.
  • Options
    *absolutely agrees that those who change other poeples words are incredibly sad*