Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

starting work experience on mon

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
ok, im doing work experience at bliss magazine and i was wondering if anyone knew vaguely what i'd be doing?

cheers

Comments

• Options
    Wow, that seems like a really great place to have secured work experience! Magazines are usually really over subscribed, so well done!

Personally, I reckon you will shadow someone - see what they do etc. You might get to see the different departments and make tea!
  • Options
    Err, shouldn't you have asked the lovely people at Bliss that?!

Well done for getting the placement though :thumb:, if you're going for a career in Journalism, then experience at a big magazine at your age will look fantastic on your cv, even if you do just end up making tea all week!

Being a glorified tea lady is always a risk on work experience thingies while you're at school, but in all probability they'll show you how the whole set up works, who does what, maybe they'll brain storm you for ideas about something they're writing (as someone in the mag's target audience, you'll also be useful to them), or maybe even give you a go at writing an article of your own.

Good luck, and tell us how it all went on :)
  • Options
    i wouldve asked bliss but every time i rang the person io was doing it with had left so they'd put me on to someone else and i'd forget.

im worried ima turn up and they'll be like 'huh?' but i've got my end of the paper work so we'll see i start tomorow so i'll fill you in
  • Options
    just remember
    coffe/tea bags
    boiling water
    milk
    sugar
    and im sure you 2 weeks will be a blast lol.
    nah im sure they will give you something fun to do.
    maybe do the luch run or summit... :lol: ahhh i crack myself up.
    nah johnni, im sure once i come down with a bunch of flowers and a teddy for you:love:, direct to the bliss floor and they all see me standing there, and be jealous of you so you'll be demoted from what ever your doing to tea girlie or lunch runner. :D just kiddin'.
    Unless you dont want me to do that in wich case i wont ... your descision?!? :razz:

Peace Out
  • Options
    i get to go on a photo shoot next week yay!
    so far lotsa filing/sorting clothes/thinking up ideas for articles

i cant go on the blazin squad shhot tomorow damn, id love to shoot em
  • Options
    Originally posted by paperBprincess
    i can go on the blazin squad shhot tomorow damn, id love to shoot em
    Yes, me too, lol :p