Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

My First Job

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
When would be a good time to get a job, I wanted one this summer but I don't think I'd have enough time with holidays and such already planned.

So do you think I could get a summer job to work around my plans or should I wait until the future's a little quieter, or should I get a weekend job while I'm at college or would that be a lot of work?

Help :confused:

Comments

• Options
    I think the best time to get a job is around Christmas time. You would have started at college then so you'll know how you will deal with the work load and how much time you need to allow yourself to do your work. It is easier to get a part time job around Christmas because obviously they have lots of positions open as it gets more busy. If you don't like the job you know that its only temporary, and if you do want to stay then there is a big chance that they will keep you on. And you have lots more money to spend on Christmas pressies as well :)
  • Options
    If you are applying for jobs for Christmas be aware that big employers such as Marks and Spencer will start their recruitment drive at the end of September and into October.